Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

m_schindler
Contributor II

September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

Hello Community,

I'm having a small issue after upgrading from June 2017 Patch 2 to September 2017 Release.

After calling qlik.getAppList()-function a message box telling me "connection lost" is displayed (message is in german):

session.png

I used the following code to trigger this error (note that you can work around it by using app.global.getAppList()):

var currentApp = qlik.openApp('f057c3a3-ed0f-411c-ba70-4b986175cef1', config);

// this is working just fine

currentApp.global.getAppList(function(apps) {

    

     // comment out the next line to prevent the error message

     qlik.getAppList(function(a) { });

});

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Mathias

4 Replies
erik_wetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

Hi,

Have you tried qlik.getAppList(function(a){}, config) ?? I think the APIs might try to figure out server etc from your URL if you do not provide a config. That might work, but in many cases not.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Erik Wetterberg
https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/
m_schindler
Contributor II

Re: September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately I'm still getting the error message after adding config as a parameter. This seems like a bug to me so I guess I'm going to report it.

Just wanted to check if anyone else experiences this.

Thanks for your help,

Mathias

Employee
Employee

Re: September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

I'm having this exact issue with an extension at the moment. Same problem, the connection lost message. Did you happen to resolve or work around this issue?

m_schindler
Contributor II

Re: September 2017: qlik.getAppList() triggers "connection lost"

Hello Rene,

I just checked and this error is still present in November 2017 Patch 1. The workaround is to call the getAppList()-method on the global instance: qlik.getGlobal().getAppList(callback).

So you probably need to modify the extension, maybe override the qlik.getAppList() -function like:

require(['js/qlik' ], function(qlik){

  qlik.getAppList = function(callback){

    return qlik.getGlobal().getAppList(callback);

  }

  // working now

  qlik.getAppList(function(apps){

    console.log(apps);

  })

});

or just replace every qlik.getAppList with qlik.getGlobal().getAppList.

Mathias

Community Browser