Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Snapshots in APIs

Hi,

I am relatively new to Qlik Sense development and was wondering whether it is possible to access/get a reference to an app' snapshot. The idea would be to create a mashup that uses snapshots from stories from different apps.

Unless I have overlooked something, based on what I see in the dev-hub and the API reference, it doesn't seem to be possible.

If that is the case, any suggestion or alternative idea would be greatly appreciated.

For example - and please correct me if I am wrong - a snapshot (a point-in-time status of an object) could be replicated by applying a given set of selections, or a bookmark, to a sheet object. An extension could probably save the current selection and the object of interest and the mashup code could then apply the selections to the specific object and then render the object...

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andrea,

Sounds like you may be looking for the getSnapshot Method

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Andrea,

Sounds like you may be looking for the getSnapshot Method

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Francis,

I have built a small app made of a single sheet, with a single chart and took one single snapshot of that chart.

How do I retrieve the Snapshot ID? The getAppObjectList method - without the optional Type parameter - returns only the chart ID.

Initially, I assumed the snapshot might have used the same ID of the chart it was derived from - though you might have multiple snapshots per object - but that is not the case. Any idea?

Thank you

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi andrea_monico‌,

The method getAppObjectList is deprecated, you should use getList method http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-us/developer/?_ga=1.194133037.1811648297.1444235343#../Subsystems/...

app.getList("SnapshotList", function(reply){

$.each(reply.qFieldList.qItems, function(key, value) {

//do something

});

});

Regards,

aiham