Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Some Qlik Sense Mashup's questions (Right access, add a js inputBox..)

Hi all,

I have some questions and hope you'll help me figure things out !

If I build a mashup:

1) who can see it? How and where to control this?

a) if the mashup contains 3 charts present in an app; and only 3 persons have access to this app: are everybody gonna see the 3 charts within the mashup or only those who have the initial right to see the original app?

2) are users who see the mashup consuming licenses? or the mashup is open for everybody and we need to just build an authentification module if we wanted to control the access?

3) How to add a inputField in my mashup using javascript, to write comments on it then send them to a database? (I'm more then a noob in a JS)

Hope that my questions are rather clear and really hope to find someone willing to explain !

Thanks

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Omar,

1) Qlik sense has no access control for mashups, you need to fix that for yourself

a)  access rights to the app and the charts works in mashups too. Users without app access will not be able to open the app (which means they might get an empty mashup and probably some error messages)

2) yes, mashup user consume licenses

3) You need to build that yourself, with HTML objects and probably some library. You also need to make a serverside component to save the comments yourself.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

OmarBenSalem
Author

Hi Erik and thanks for the quick answers

Can you please provide me with an example of javascript code to answer the 3rd question? Maybe?..

As I told you, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to javascript !

Thanks a lot