Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Splunk Connector for Qlik Sense

I'm a Qlik Luminary and owner of a consulting firm that specializes in data analytics with Qlik and Splunk. We have developed a connector for QlikView & QlikSense that directly streams data out of Splunk into Qlik.

The Splunk Connector for Qlik developed by Analytica Consulting provides an easy, robust integration between the two platforms.

Features include:

• Any easy to use interface which allows you to enter a Splunk Search or select a Saved Search to use with your Qlik application
  • Streams data directly from Splunk into Qlik’s in-memory model
  • Can use direct data discovery to allow Splunk to do the heavy lifting
  • Works with both QlikView and QlikSense

For more information please visit our site or the Qlik Market. Links below:

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies
manojkumar121
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous  Team,

I'm using your Splunk connector for Qliksense and I'm stuck at writing script using this connector.

Could you please tell me what to be replaced with <YourSearchTablenamehere>?

My Splunk query is something like below:

index=abasyslog source="/var/log/httpd/service-gateway-ssl-access.log" RQ="/abc*Processing/*"

SQL SELECT *
FROM <YourSearchTablenamehere> search earliest=-7d latest=now index = _internal|Head 1000;

manojkumar121_0-1657016126500.png

tmackay2015
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Manouj,

please try something like:

SomePreferredTableName:
SQL SELECT *
FROM <SomePreferredTableName> 
search earliest=-7d latest=now index=abasyslog source="/var/log/httpd/service-gateway-ssl-access.log" RQ="/abc*Processing/*";

You can remove the earliest/ latest time limits if needed , they are included to avoid an excessively long query.

The Table Tag  <SomePreferredTableName> is any name you would like to use for the semi anonymous query to Splunk, this will show up in the Access logs. 

Regarding the table Tag The '<' and '>' are used as  a special delimiter for the connector to pick up on the name

That name must also not contain spaces.

if your Query is also stored in Splunk as a saved report you can access that report like so:

SELECT * FROM
<Report_Name_With_any_Spaces_Replaced_with_underscores>;

Keep in mind the credentials used to access Splunk must have permission in Splunk to access the named report.

manojkumar121
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Thomas! This is very helpful