Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchayan
Creator
Creator

Unable to view Imported Extensions in the HUB

Hi Everyone,

I have read access (in both HUB and QMC) to all the extensions imported into Qlik Sense and to the default ones already present. The default Read access rule to view extensions is also enabled. Yet, when I try to add a new custom object as an extension object, I get an empty extension list in the HUB. (screenshot is attached)

Please let me know that how shall I make the Extensions(which I already have read access to) appear in the HUB so that the extensions can be used in apps.

Find attached the screenshot of imported extensions in QMC and the empty custom object list in the HUB.

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

The extensions in your list (except the first one) are al templates, so they should not be availble in the client, but can be used in the dev-hub as templates for new extensions (or mashups).

For the first one, admin-test:

• verify that the qext file is valid JSON
  • check type "type" property in the qext file, it should be "visualization"

You coul also check for errors in the browser console.

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

The extensions in your list (except the first one) are al templates, so they should not be availble in the client, but can be used in the dev-hub as templates for new extensions (or mashups).

For the first one, admin-test:

• verify that the qext file is valid JSON
  • check type "type" property in the qext file, it should be "visualization"

You coul also check for errors in the browser console.

Erik Wetterberg

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the information. Yes the admin-test JSON file has type as "mashup" and not "visualization".

So, what is the difference between a type mashup and visualization?

Regards,

Sanchayan Bhowmik

ErikWetterberg

An extension is used inside a Qlik Sense app, in most cases it's a visualization. A mashup is the other way around, it's a web page that includes Qlik Sense content.

Erik Wetterberg

kushagra_jain
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey,

I faced a similar problem, but in my case I cannot access the certified extensions in Qlik sense hub. I verified it on Qmc and there are 6 certified extensions in QMC (Screenshot is attached). But I am not able to view all those extensions in hub. I Saw one video from qlik (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_2Nqab4Ms)and they were able to access that. Not sure what's the issue here.

PFA the screenshot of all extensions including the certified ones in QMC and the empty custom object list in the HUB.

I searched online couldn't find any help. Can you please help me out.

Thank You

Regards,

Kushagra