cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Visual Studio Plugin?

Is there no version of the Visual Studio Plugin for later versions of Qlik Sense? What are the options? 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The Visual Studio plugin has more or less been replaced with the stand-alone version called "Qlik Explorer for Developers":

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/Plugins/Content/Sense_Plugins/In...

xp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks.  Can you please clarify, this is  only used to generate the markup that would be dropped in any web platform,  e.g. (ASP.NET/MVC).  Interaction with controls would still be via Javascript - correct? 

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but the stand alone version provides the exact same (and some more) functionality as the Visual Studio plugin version. You will be able to access the same snippets as you did before. It just became apparent during the development that there was no real benefit of having the tool as a plugin to Visual Studio as you could just as well use it (and have use for it) without tying it to a particular platform.

I use it myself primarily to explore property and layout structures of entities in Qlik Sense servers.

xp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok thanks. That makes sense.