Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which apps are using which extensions?

On Qlik Sense Server, is there any way to see which apps are using which extensions? The reason is if an extension needs to be updated or deleted, I need a list of all apps that are using that extension so i can check that they aren't broken afterwards.

I tried digging around in the Qlik Postgres db, but couldn't find any connection there between Apps & Extensions.

18 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi bchastain‌,

Unfortunately, at this moment, the only way to find which apps are using which extension, is through scanning the app for object ids => get each object's properties => check if extension exists in QRS etc...

But there is an extension created by swr for that: GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-extension-governance: Analyze usage of Qlik Sense visualization extensi...

I hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Oh thank you - that extension looks perfect

Not applicable
Author

OK, well after digging further, I don't think this extension will work for us. It requires that all apps are closed in order to run, and that would be very difficult to accomplish in a large organization with many thousands of apps.

Do you know of any way of doing this without having all apps closed?

Olip
Creator
Creator

Hello Bryan - Any luck with this requirement? The extension above throws error while Importing into Enterprise June 2017 version.

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip
bchastai
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nope, I'm still looking for a solution for this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian

checking if you found any solution ?

Anybody created a solution ?

Thanks

Eric

chirpa1wa
Contributor
Contributor

Bump.

Got the same issue in my work place.

We are upgrading Qlik Sense and need to know what extensions are being used by which apps.

I cannot get the above extension to work on Qlik Sense Desktop Feb 2018 Patch 1. It reports an error that the Connection is lost.

It would be great to have a "nice" solution so anyone's input would be appreciated.

Kirankk
Contributor
Contributor

Getting error while importing this extension

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did you or anyone else find a solution to this problem yet?

May you live in interesting times!