Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Write Back from Qlik Sense

Hi,

I want to write back the data to database from qlik sense hub.

Could anyone help me to create the extensions,APIs or suggest any other way to achieve the same.

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

there is a commercial solution for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToLHRbdTCk

Beside that I am working on a solution (not published yet) for a generic write-back in Qlik Sense, just follow my profile on GitHub and you'll get notified - very soon (https://github.com/stefanwalther/)

The approach is very similar to this, but a bit more advanced:
http://www.qlikblog.at/1798/posting-data-from-qlikview-to-other-systems-using-the-ajax-client-and-ex...

Regards

Stefan

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Stefan, did you give up on writeback extension for Sense? looked at your github and did not find it

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

‌No, not given up, but since there are several commercial solutions available (e.g bWise) I think there are more important topics I should focus on ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Stefan. Yeah I looked at it and did not really care - it is more like a commenting thing and was created for a specific use case. Now personally I would never recommend using Qlik tools for this task but people love QlikView and Sense and of course want to do more with them than just BI. I have a pilot project now to build an app for our Supply Chain team and they want to look at the app, compare different scenarios and then make some corrections in numbers and write back to a database.

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

I had a similar requirement at my last company where they wanted to perform analysis in Qlikview and send write backs to Microsoft Dynamics CRM to generate leads. We outsourced the java script work to a company called Analytics8 and they did a great job very quickly(ie not too expensive). Bet they could do the same in Qlik Sense..  Hit that SCM team up for some budget to see if they really need it.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Stefan,

Please, did you eventually work on the Qliksense version of the write-back?

Thank you 

fernandobibian
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Jerry,

LLodi has developed a solution that allows you to write-back in your own DB.

LLodi Widgets: LLodi Service - YouTube

Hope it helps.

Regards

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

That's great. Thank you Fernando.

daudballing

S-cubed offers another native like solution to add write back functionality to Qlik Sense (Compatible with the analyser license). At Qomment.dk you can read many more details about the extension. Full disclaimer, I work with S-cubed, and we use the extension to a wide variety of use cases in our work.