Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

is it possible to take snapshots, create story and export to pdf/ppt through API?

My customer make a requirement about exporting a prebuild story periodically. Since the contents in a story are "snapshots", they won't change once it's snapshoted. So to implement his requirement, I have to take snapshots again, create a new story and export it via API.

I looked over the engine/repository API references and failed to find the APIs I need.

I wonder is it possible to do so with QlikSense, does someone has investigated issues like this? I really appreciate for any help.

thanks

6 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You are able to create snapshots and stories via the Engine API/.NET SDK however we do not currently expose any supported APIs to initiate a export/printing of a story.

Not applicable
Author

There is an example on github that uses the .Net SDK to create a story with snapshots.

PublicExamples/DataStorytelling at master · AptkQlik/PublicExamples · GitHub

Best regards

Lars-Göran Book

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, are there any news regarding this topic? See, we need to export to PDF (and if possible to PPT)  from a mashup-based Qlik Sense app, 

1. The hub sheet itself does not seem to have any export APIs

2. An alternative would be to create a story at runtime, but I cannot find any export API calls either.

So any help would be very appreciated!

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @jcamps ,

Did you manage to find a solution for this ?

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, unfortunately not. We ended up building NPrinting reports for each need. This is not self-service-friendly but, it was the best we could accomplish given the lack of this feature.

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks for the response. Can you guide us how this was achieved with Nprinting. We have a similar requirement, but our users are authenticated to the application and  are accessing data from Qlik sense using ticket authentication. I read Nprinting needs windows authentication. So will it be possible I create a single user with windows authentication and use that user to communicate to NPringing API for all our application user.