Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

edwi0012
New Contributor II

wbfolder.wbl file is missing

Hello!

I've tried to add the extension "sense-navigation-master" by stefan walther. After I removed some duplicates inside the folder it uploaded with no problems. But then I wanted to change the color options in the extension which lead me to edit it in the developer hub. There I get the "wbfolder.wbl file is missing" error.

Error.JPG

And when I check the extension it doesn't exist a .wbl file, so I guess that's the problem.

Next step is of course to google it, which I did. I came to the conclusion to use the wblgen.bat file made by Nate untiedt

https://github.com/ClimberAB/ClimberCustomReport/issues/14

But the problem still persists, I put the "wbfolder.wbl" highest up in the folder structure of the extension.

Any suggestions what to do now? What should I do to edit the extension?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
erik_wetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: wbfolder.wbl file is missing

Hi,

Is this server or desktop? In desktop putting the file in the right place (same as qext file) should work. In server you need to put it in the zip file and re-import. Just adding files on disk does not work.

Erik Wetterberg

Erik Wetterberg
https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/
edwi0012
New Contributor II

Re: wbfolder.wbl file is missing

It's in server environment, how I did it:

1. unzipped the file

2. added the wbfolder.wbl with wbgen

3. Zipped it again

4. Deleted the old extension and imported the new one

erik_wetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: wbfolder.wbl file is missing

Hi,

Sounds like the right way. And the file looks OK?? On the other hand you could edit the files in the directory instead..

Erik

Erik Wetterberg
https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/
edwi0012
New Contributor II

Re: wbfolder.wbl file is missing

Thank you for your help so far, you made me think!

I might still had some more copies of it that messed up the wbfolder but it still went through with the import.

sense navigation.JPG

This is how it looks right now, after I generated the WBL file.

I imported it and opened it in the Dev hub, It seems to work now for some reason!

But the next problem is that it's not showing anything relevant

sense navigation.JPG

Lots of tabs but all of them are more or less empty. But the extension still works as expected.

Thanks for the help so far, getting somewhere

Edvard

Community Browser