cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taiebsomaivectorys
Contributor
Contributor

Error when connecting to Qlik Sense from IPAD

I have tried using different iphones & ipads (with latest iOS ) login to my QlikSense server hub, all of them prompt the same error message "An error occurred Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your browser or contact your system administrator."

This error occurs  when i access the hub through internet on iphones or ipad.

I have already whitelisted my server IP address and machine name in QMC.

Am I still missing something?

3 Replies
Jon_B
Support
Support

Hello,

- Which version of Qlik Sense are you using?

- Are you using Safari or the Qlik Sense Mobile App (latest version) to access the hub? Do they both produce the same error?

- Are you using any on device VPN? if so can you try without the VPN?

Please, remember to "like" the post and mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

I suspect the WebSocket Protocol is not allowed between the IOS device and the Qlik Sense Server. 

To confirm that, please try to implement the following article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000038601

If the test confirmes that the WebSocket protocol is not allowed and you have properly configured the host white list then I would look into any network equipment between your IOS device and the Qlik Sense server (Firewall, reverse proxy, vpn) and see if any of these is blocking the websocket protocol. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
taiebsomaivectorys
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, 

The problem is solved, I enabled the HTTP protocol in QMC proxy

Thanks