Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssolli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Is VPN needed for server access in Qlik Sense Mobile?

I'm unable to access the QS server on Qlik Sense Mobile.

The QS server I'm using is accessible via VPN. Does that mean I must connect my device to VPN in order to access it via the mobile app?

I have added the server to the app via Client Authentication Link but when I tap it i get a message that I must be connected to internet, which I am. The message reads: "You must connect to the Qlik Sense server at least once before you can view its contents without an internet connection. Make sure that your internet connection is working and tap the Qlik Sense server again."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sigve - thanks for your question - I assume this is similar to what you posted in YouTube?

Here is my reply:

Hi Sausneb - correct you must be connected to VPN first if your Qlik Sense server is not accessible over the public network - then you must also log in to your Qlik Sense Enterprise Server via a browser first and get the client authentication link from the menu as I show at  2:15 - (or you can get this via email and tap it on a mobile device after Qlik Sense Mobile is installed).

once you are sure you can log in to the enterprise server via the browser and the security rule is setup correctly you should be able to login via the app.

Qlik Sense Mobile - Getting Started - YouTube

Let us know how you do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sigve - thanks for your question - I assume this is similar to what you posted in YouTube?

Here is my reply:

Hi Sausneb - correct you must be connected to VPN first if your Qlik Sense server is not accessible over the public network - then you must also log in to your Qlik Sense Enterprise Server via a browser first and get the client authentication link from the menu as I show at  2:15 - (or you can get this via email and tap it on a mobile device after Qlik Sense Mobile is installed).

once you are sure you can log in to the enterprise server via the browser and the security rule is setup correctly you should be able to login via the app.

Qlik Sense Mobile - Getting Started - YouTube

Let us know how you do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a similar query, you can check this: qlik sense mobile access through VPN over here.

With Regards,

Xovo