Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbarrett
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Mobile on iOS Error

Hello,

I am trying to link my Qlik Sense Enterprise environment (June 2018) with the Qlik Sense Mobile app on my iPhone (iOS 11). I have followed the steps to generate a Client Authentication link from my host URI and sent it to my phone successfully. The mobile app recognizes the server but gives me an error before I can login. The error states "Your license has expired. Ensure your internet connection is working and try again." The client authentication link host URI is http. I am currently on my office network on my iPhone and can access the site through my phone's Google Chrome browser using the http address (I have allow http checked in the Proxy settings). Configure Proxy is turned off on the Wifi settings of my phone. I have also whitelisted the IP and Host Name. I have reached out to Qlik Support who says we need a trusted Apple certificate in order to proceed. I wanted to know if this is absolutely necessary from anyone's experience. There is no mention of this in the Qlik Help file and I can imagine that I am not the only Qlik Sense Mobile iPhone user out there. Our network does require VPN to access externally but when on the network we should be able to access http through browsers. Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies
Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello George,

Greetings! This error is commonly related to the mobile app when it is not able to reach Qlik Sense Server for the first time to renew the status of the license from QSE. Also could you clarify if there is a reverse proxy/gateway or firewall in between your mobile device and where QSE is deployed.

Thank You

Bala

================================================================================

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

gbarrett
Author

Hi Bala,

I will have to check with our IT department but I do not believe that we have a firewall but we do require a VPN to access the site. However, we do not need the VPN active when we are on our office's private WIFI. Not sure if that has anything to do with the reverese proxy/gateway.

Thanks,

George

Prabhul_Dev
Employee
Employee

Hi George,

In addition to what Bala has suggested, could you also confirm that you are able to reach our Qlik Sense deployment via your mobile browser (Safari or Chrome) when in the office WiFi? This would help determine if there is an issue reaching the QSE and we can troubleshoot further. If the browser cannot access it, then there is a reverse proxy or VPN in the middle even when using the office WiFi. Clarifying this with IT will help troubleshoot this

Thank you,

Prabhul

gbarrett
Author

Hi Prabhul,

Yes, when I am connected to the office WiFi I am able to access our site via my mobile Chrome app when using HTTP.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello George,

Greetings! Did you check with your IT team?

Thank You

Bala

================================================================================

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

gbarrett
Author

Somewhat, yes. This is actually an issue we experienced with a client of ours and we are trying to figure it out internally to help them out. This is definitely a firewall issue as both us and our client have very strict security policies for compliance. I believe the best route would be to use a VPN client on our iPhones, although I am not entirely sure on this and Qlik Support has not been able to assist. Most, if not all, of this relies on network security which is different for each case.

Thanks,

George

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello George,

Yes, its in fact preferable to use a EMM / MDM solutions for any corporate mobility platform. MobileIron or VMware AirWatch should be able to establish a secure tunnel communication between enterprise resource to mobile devices.

Thank You

Bala

paulodantas
Creator
Creator

Hello George,

did you fixed the issue?

If yes, please tell us how and choose the right answer.

Best regards.