cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eduardovazquez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Cloud Services

Does anyone is using Qlik Cloud Services? I want to know if my subscription  is only to store my apps , or it can be use as a cloud server for Qlik Sense, what are the specs for this service?

Labels (3)
7 Replies
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Hi @eduardovazquez ,

Qlik Sense Cloud allows you to store your qvf apps and also allow them to be accessed via your phone,desktop/laptop. You can also share apps with other users.

Pls refer to https://www.qlik.com/us/resource-library/ds-qlik-sense-cloud-en

Regards,
GH

eduardovazquez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks @ganapati_h , but that document refers to Qlik Sense Cloud, I have not been able to find any further information about Qlik Cloud Services, which is a new product under Feb 19 version.

Sergey_Polekhin
Employee
Employee

Qlik Cloud Services now can be used as part of your infrastrcture in multi-cloud scenario.

In this scenario currently you must use Windows-based Qlik Sense site to create apps and for user/apps administration. Qlik Cloud Services in this scenario can be used currently as part for elastic scaling only. So you can publish your existing apps in Qlik Cloud Services to provide capability of massive consumption of your apps without increasing number of your servers and complexity of your existing Windows-based Qlik Sense site.

In future functionality of Qlik Cloud Services subscription will be expanded in accordance to Qlik Sense Roadmap. Expect a beatiful news on this in near future.

ganapati_h

Thanks for sharing this @Sergey_Polekhin . Would this require Kubernetes or Docker

ganapati_h

@eduardovazquez  was able to dig up a slide. I dont have much info but hope this helps.

Thanks @Sergey_Polekhin.

Sergey_Polekhin
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Cloud Service - is the service provided by Qlik. So customers may use this service as "ready to use" solution, without technical understanding to "how it works" and "how-to deploy, administer and support the service".
As alternative to Qlik Sense Cloud Service, you can create your private infrastructure based on Docker/Kubernetes (private cloud) or may rent such Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure on any public infrastructure cloud provider (for example, AWS, Azure, etc.). Then you can deploy "Qlik Sense for Elastic" on this infrastructure and use it for massive consumption of your apps.

So currently you have several alternate variants to create infrastructure:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise (Windows-based) + Qlik Sense Cloud Service;
- Qlik Sense Enterprise (Windows-based) + Qlik Sense for Elastic (Docker/Kubernetes-based);
- Qlik Sense Enterprise (Windows-based) + Qlik Sense Cloud Service + Qlik Sense for Elastic (Docker/Kubernetes-based).

You will also receive even more flexibility in near future based on Qlik Sense roadmap. Stay tuned.
lmcsedyz
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thank you for information.

What about extensions? Is it possible to make them work with Cloud Services or it is limited like classic cloud solution?

For example simple variable sliders, wordcloud etc.

Going to use analyzer license for our clients to make them able to access feedback application. Without wordcloud it does not have much sense.