Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imran_Arshad
Partner - Contributor III

Qliksense on linux using in-house Data-center for Qlik Sense Enterprise version.

Hi all, i am starting this discussion as i have some doubt about installing QlikSense using Docker & k8s. Please guide me answering my following points:

1. Installing PRD/DEV environment of Qlik Sense  using on premises Server / Data Center.
  2. Virtual-Machine using VMware vSphere Client is possible.
  3. Which Linux Flavor will be perfect for Enterprise version.
  4. Private Cloud environment is required (AWS, Google Cloud & Qlik Cloud is not required by client)

Please note that i have already successfully configured test-environment using minikube on my laptop but i need to configure the same for Qlik Sense Server with Enterprise version. 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Imran_Arshad
Author

The issue is resolved as i was not using right pod-network according to my environment, the following pod-network configured successfully:

# kubeadm init --pod-network-cidr 172.16.0.0/16

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there,

1-2. It is totally possible to build your K8S cluster on on-prem servers, and you can of course use VMs if you want. Keep in mind that building your own K8S cluster will require some good understanding of K8S, etcd, networking, certificates, filesystems, and so on, to be able to manage the masters/workers nodes.

The pros of using a cloud provider with a managed K8S offer, is that you will not have to worry about these master nodes, which are really important because they are the heart of your cluster.

If you really want to follow the on-prem path, if I were you I would use Rancher to build the K8S cluster as it can manage a lot of things for you, and will help you for cluster updates.

3. Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RedHat, it doesn't care. Use the Linux distro you are the most confortable with, as you will have a LOT to do in SSH.

4. Is there any question here ?

Please note that building an on-prem K8S cluster for a PROD env has nothing to do with using minikube locally, it's way more complex and I hope you have some good K8S skills.

Best regards,

Thiebaud

Imran_Arshad
Author

@ThiebaudS, Thanks for the provided solution, i will start work on it & will let you know with the updates.

Regards,

M.Imran

Imran_Arshad
Author

Hi Gurus, can anybody help me with this Error

Error: failed to download "qlik/qliksense-init" (hint: running `helm repo update` may help)

Screenshot is attached with showing deployment details

Leigh_Kennedy
Employee
Employee

I don't see in your screenshot where your screenshot you are running this, but this is saying it can't find "qlik/qliksense-init".  This is either because you have not added the qlik repository at all, or you have not run helm repo update.

run helm repo list.  If you don't see an entry for 'qlik' you need to run:

helm repo add qlik https://qlik.bintray.com/stable

Regardless of whether you had to run the above command or not, now run:

helm repo update

You should now be good to install the chart i.e.

helm install --name qliksense-init qlik/qliksense-init

Regards.

Imran_Arshad
Author

I am thankful to you for your reply but it is not helping me as i have updated helm repository but unable to connect and having the same error message. (Error Message attached)

Please note that i have created on-premises environment with one master-node & two worker-nodes.

Flannel Network is deployed in k8s cluster.

Imran_Arshad
Author

The issue is resolved as i was not using right pod-network according to my environment, the following pod-network configured successfully:

# kubeadm init --pod-network-cidr 172.16.0.0/16