Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alastairmcdonald
Partner - Contributor III

Starting points

Hi,

following the announcement of qlik sense enterpsie for elastic being added as a feature of hte June 2018 release I have poured over the videos and done many web searches looking for first steps in getting this implemented.

I have created a ubuntu 16.04 server in our cloud portfolio and have installed docker and kubernetes however I cannot though find a docker repository that contains a QSEFE image to download.

There is a Qlikcore repository which has a number of similar images to those listed in one of the screen shots in Mike's second video but as far as i can see no specific QSEFE repository.

i have contacted our partner manager to request further information but was surprised that nothing exists as yet as far as documentation goes and so sought out this blog to look for a starting point.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alastair - great investigative work and thank you for sharing.  There should be some more formal communication about self-service resources (docs and videos) regarding our multi-cloud setup available shortly (I'm hoping later this month). Currently these are in our internal KB. I am aware that they want to ensure those have the correct information going forward and would like all customers and partners to work with a Qlik rep at first. As you know this is not a simple installer and has a number of prerequisites. If I can help in any way please let me know.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alastairmcdonald
Author

After doing my own research i have the following details for a starting point.

The initial setup should be similar to following the setup steps for QlikCore on Kubernetes indicated here: https://qlikcore.com/tutorials/orchestration/#deploying-to-kubernetes

for testing purposes I elected to follow the steps to setup kubernetes via minikube on my windows 10 laptop as a starting point the steps are here:  https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/minikube/

I have had confirmation from our Partner Manager that the docker images aren't publically available as yet

My recommendation would be that if you are unfamiliar with Kubernetes and Docker and/or are looking to whet your teeth with something whilst waiting for these docker images to be released the QlikCore Beta program is available at the moment and the principles, at least with respect to the kubernetes and docker side of things should be largely the same.

The qlikcore.com site is here https://qlikcore.com/ and has some useful downloads and tutorials to get you started.

neo_lee
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Alastair,

Have you got the access yet?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alastair - great investigative work and thank you for sharing.  There should be some more formal communication about self-service resources (docs and videos) regarding our multi-cloud setup available shortly (I'm hoping later this month). Currently these are in our internal KB. I am aware that they want to ensure those have the correct information going forward and would like all customers and partners to work with a Qlik rep at first. As you know this is not a simple installer and has a number of prerequisites. If I can help in any way please let me know.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
alastairmcdonald
Author

Hi Min Han Lee,

I am still waiting for a coherrent response as to the appropriate steps to begin investigating this avenue.

I was directed as you were to both our partner manager and to qlik support and found that the response eventually came back that this is setup via consultancy services requested through the partner manager and their response wsas that this is a paid service.

Technical Support didn't think that this was correct and so I am still waiting for contact from either them or our partner manager to confirm if we can speak to someone about this.

I did get this document from technical support which states the prescribed path for this.

MultiCore.png

I have emailed dl-multi-cloud-onboarding@qlik.com this morning asking for clarification.

How are things moving along for you?

neo_lee
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Alistar,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I still haven't got any reply from our account manager nor any Qlik representatives of the multi-cloud. The last contact was 2 weeks ago from a Qlik Sales guy to schedule a technical preview for the Multi-Cloud.

Frustratingly, I really hope that they will engage with us to figure the "Technical Difficulties" of the multi-cloud just like the EA Qlik-Core. Judging from the image you have shared above, it looks like it won't made available to the partner any time soon.

Hoo boy,  multi-cloud is one of the most anticipated features that I've been waiting since ages. One of our managed clients has more than 600 apps which close to 500gb, we need a better scaling solution. I understood that this is only phased 1 of the Multi-Cloud capability but it is already good enough just to "View" only in containerisation mode without Windows.

Please let me know if you've got the access to the Multi-Cloud, likewise, I will update you as well...