Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Will the QS Elastic Stack work with the Qlik Sense Mobile App?

I'm trying to reduce latency for mobile users globally. I was going down the ugly road of standing up multiple sites until I heard about Multi-Cloud.

Will I be able to connect the Qlik Sense Mobile App to the Elastic Stack?

Thanks,

Steve

*Removed any mention of Linux from my post to make it less confusing.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen,

At the moment the Qlik Sense Mobile app cannot be used to connect to our multi-cloud environment. This applies to online AND offline connectivity. This functionality is part of our roadmap and improvements for next year.

Regards,

Vinay

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen - that is a great question and I am bringing in vkr‌ on this thread so he can reply. In short , the first phase is more of a read only approach. Apps are published from Enterprise to the configured multi-cloud instances. That instance I assume can be accessed from a browser on a tablet device only at this time. Whether or not Offline Qlik Sense Mobile will work it - I could imagine it is in the long term plans - but not in the current Phase 1. @Vinay can you please add any additional details?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the quick response Michael. I'm not looking to use the download function within the Qlik Sense App. Just the "on line" read function.

Multi-cloud reads like a great way to remove latency between nodes for mobile users. If it's not chatty with the central node during app consumption(like a regular rim node).

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen,

At the moment the Qlik Sense Mobile app cannot be used to connect to our multi-cloud environment. This applies to online AND offline connectivity. This functionality is part of our roadmap and improvements for next year.

Regards,

Vinay