Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connector error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

Hi,

we have been running Qlik Sense Cloud now for a few weeks with reload of the App every 6 hrs without any issues.

Since yesterday though every other reload fails with the error message "Connector error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown". There are multiple REST connections in the app to different platforms and the error pops up for different ones. It's not like it is the same connection failing every time.

Want to point out that we are using the SaaS solution on the Qlik managed server, no private server. And the App in question is on a shared space.

Labels (4)
8 Replies
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Notwo Are you still seeing this error message?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Jamie_GregoryI have had it back when I wrote this post for 2 days straight but not since then. Very unclear what the root cause for the reload issues was.

ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I'm experiencing the same issue. The reload has worked fine for 2 months, but since a couple of days it fails 50% of the time with this error.

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ggijben can you confirm how much data is being retrieved? 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
limacheck
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting same problem. I'm retrieving no more than 3k records but the error occurs with different apis. It doesn't occurs always the same. 

PavelKastner
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same problem here using QSB

spectrumjpowley
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have the same problem as well with QSB. Appeared to be working okay, now I can't reload the application.

I get the same experience to everyone else, same error but on different APIs/tables when using the REST Connector.

spectrumjpowley
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but as a last resort I added some uses of the "sleep" function between my API calls in the Data Load Script. This fortunately appears to have got rid of the OutOfMemory exception.

It's by no means a perfect solution as the total reload time has increased quite a bit, but at least I can reload my app!

Between datasets I added a 20 second delay:

Sleep 20000;

And for looping through pages of data I have added a 2 second delay.

I hope this helps someone out!