Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Error while Installing Qlik Sense in Kubernetes

HI Techies,

I have started working on  Installing Qlik Sense in Kubernetes on my local personal windows 10, 8 Gb ram and 4 core machine.

I am referring the document made by Qlik know expert 

https://github.com/tonikautto/qse-kubernetes-minikube

Now above document has two files 

1.  0-install-tools.ps1 which guide us to install tools, reference Qlik doc behind the powershell file is 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense_De...

I ran it and it was executed fine with no errors.

now I have Oracle VM virtual box manager, minkube, which is running fine.

Then I ran second file 1-Deploy-Minikube.ps1 which is made by https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense_De...

It has commands to

kick off minikube start, 

# Force Kubectl to point to minikube, 

# Run the following command to add Qlik’s helm chart repository to Helm. This is where Qlik Sense is pulled from

# use helm to deploy into Kubernetes, the helm Tiller pod is added to the Kubernetes cluster first.

# Install custom resource definitions used by dynamic engines

but when it try to execute 

# Install the Qlik Sense package

helm install -n qliksense qlik/qliksense -f values.yaml

it gives me error:

Error: validation failed: error validating "": error validating data: unknown object type "nil" in Secret.data.redis-password

, I tried to run the command by going to the folder where values.yaml but same error.

I have not much knowledge about Kubernetes so please help me to fix the error step wise step ?

Thanks in advance

Rohit 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

21 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

That indicates that you have in fact not successfully downgraded Helm. 

Also, I do not believe that you will have 6GB available RAM on a 8GB Windows machine. 

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Toni,

I agreed with you that 6 GB is not free out of 8  GB. Can you please tell me what is the minimum requirement of RAM and CPU free ?  

HELM is successfully downgraded please see the image below:

2.PNG

Thanks,

Rohit

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Close all Powershell prompts and retry.
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You are correct of course. My mistake.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tony,
I am really sorry to say but it is still not working and populating same error, even after restart of machine. It could be because of lack of resources on my personal laptop or HELM bug even after downgrade. I have no clue how to move forward and test this new concept.
My laptop has 2 cores, 4 logical cores and 8 Gb ram total and windows 10 OS.

Please suggest me next step if anything is possible from here.
Thanks,
Rohit
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I had the exact same error message, and resolved per my noticed in GitHub. It does still suggest that you tool installation is not accurate. 

This is not a Qlik error message form what I can tell, so you need broaden your investigation towards the non-Qlik tools. 

anmolsaini
Contributor II
Contributor II

@ToniKautto Is it still the issue for the new version of HELM? 

helm install qlik -n qlik qlik/qliksense -f values.yaml
Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: error validating "": error validating data: unknown object type "nil" in Secret.data.redis-password

Can't we pass the value instead of the "nil" value?

anmolsaini
Contributor II
Contributor II

I tried downgrading HELM but facing other issues like the tiller pod not getting deployed due to "Error image pull".

Can you please help here?

anmolsaini
Contributor II
Contributor II

I downgraded the HELM and facing :

kubectl get pods --namespace kube-system

tiller-deploy-66c7dff6d9-48zvb 0/1 ImagePullBackOff 0 3m31s
tiller-deploy-6dd5c589cd-qkzpg 0/1 ErrImageNeverPull 0 2m

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense on Kubernetes is not a supported product at this moment. 

Please see Qlik Cloud as a alternative.