cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolof
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik data transfer UI not starting properly

When starting the Qlik Data Transfer after upgrading it to the February 2021 release it just  shows a white window with no fields or menues. 

Is this a known issue? What is the root cause and how can we make it work again.

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

21 Replies
jolof
Author

Hello
QS is not install, but QV is installed on the same server.
server.pfx and client.pfx are present but not root.pfx
jolof
Author

I uninstalled Data Transfer again.
All qdt certs om local user account and computer account were then removed.
Data transfer was then installed as admin. Data Transfer is still not working.
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

root-only be there if you have QSE installed. 

In addition, This is happening because one big change is due to identified potential security issues, the introduction of certs with QDT. The consequence if installing on a machine with QSEoW QDT needs to be installed with the Qlik Sense service user, enabling QDT to get certs that QSEoW is using to reuse in order to avoid a conflict or regenerating them.

YOu can try installing the QDT as a Qlikview service user.  was the October version works fine?
jolof
Author

QSEoW is not installed on the machine in question.
I don't have access to the user details of the Qlikview service user and I don't agree on installing QDT with a user meant as service user.
October version was fine but we are having issues with the file size limit. Also if there are identified potential security issues we prefer the February version.
We also restarted the machine but it didn't help.
Is the co-existence with the Qlikview service the root cause to the problem we have with QDT?
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Please refer to the attached document and see if that resolves the issue. 

jolof
Author

Thanks, will do it on Monday. Just a question, when it says "Restart the server" does it really mean the whole machine or just the service?
jolof
Author

When it says "Restart the server" does it really mean the whole machine or just the service?

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

The whole server

jolof
Author

I went through the workaround document and restarted but still get a white screen, but I guess the service is OK as it doesn't get the upload error in the log. Two exceptions though: service is started with LocalAccount so I can't log in and run remove script with the same user and I never added the TLS cipher suite in the server group policy as I'm not Windows Administrator on Windows level and wasn't able to contact Windows support.

Any timeplan on correction?

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

The fix is almost there and in the testing phase and should get released Probably by this week or next week.  

- Akki