Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Using QVS in Qlik Sense SaaS

Hi everybody,

During the attempt to migrate a Qlik Sense Desktop App (with external QVS must include calls) in Qlik Sense SaaS environment, I hit an issue: while I can upload CSV,TXT,XLSX,etc files in DataFile Area of a SaaS Space, it seems QVS files are not accepted ! Pretty strange !

Tried also one workaround and loaded in a Google Drive the QVS files. Tried to include them from there. Strange inconclusive error came back.

Of course there is the workaround of inserting back in QVF script the content of all QVS files, but there was some reasons we were using QVS... And we are trying to stick to this approach, if possible.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

While unfortunately that .QVS files cannot be uploaded / interacted with (my vote would be this is a gap), a .QVS file just is a .TXT file.

You can always do something like this:

$(Include=[lib://DataFiles/include.txt])

View solution in original post

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, Levi, you are right.

In the meantime we've also figured about the workaround you are proposing.

In addition to what you said, we used the naming format ScriptFile.qvs.txt to  make it easier to  realize those txt files are actualy QVS files.

But I believe this should be considered a bug of Qlik SaaS data storage functinoality and solved by Qlik techie guys, isn't it ?

Sempre fi,
Cotiso

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

While unfortunately that .QVS files cannot be uploaded / interacted with (my vote would be this is a gap), a .QVS file just is a .TXT file.

You can always do something like this:

$(Include=[lib://DataFiles/include.txt])

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, Levi, you are right.

In the meantime we've also figured about the workaround you are proposing.

In addition to what you said, we used the naming format ScriptFile.qvs.txt to  make it easier to  realize those txt files are actualy QVS files.

But I believe this should be considered a bug of Qlik SaaS data storage functinoality and solved by Qlik techie guys, isn't it ?

Sempre fi,
Cotiso

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Trying more advanced QVS it seems it's not so nice as it seemed... Will dig more and come back with more details. For the moment it seems is working only with 1 instruction QVS files (which is kind of pointless). Will test more and come back

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Changing from QVS to TXT file extension does not change the fact that using script files does not work! It has to do with encoding or codepage interpretation in Qlik Saas I believe. 

When using scripts with special chars like ¤. Or if you are using MAPPING loads ect the result of running the scripts is not as expected.. If you copy the script and paste it directly into the load editor it works fine.

I have an open case in Qlik Support about this...02084048 ... But no news on the matter yet 😞

This is a major issue!

VladKomarov
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

The annoying fact is that there is not mentioning of this issue in Documentation. 

Help is still stating (as of May 10 2021) that the include/must_include option is avaialble in SaaS:

VladKomarov_0-1620673855512.png

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi VladKomarov.

What Qlik told me to do is to change the codepage to UTF-8, then it works. I tested this and it worked for me as well.  

Regards,

Anders

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Good to know, Anders !

Tx

Will try it and come back (we have developed in time quite a range of QQc subs.... inspired by Rob's QVC , and it was a little bit furstrating to notice it's getting harder to call it)