cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting SSLhanshakeException when trying to get ticket

Hello Friends,

I have build a simple application to get the TICKET using QPS API, which is working fine until I am adding the host name in my host file but as soon as I am removing, it is throwing
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching ****** found.

Can you please help me what I am doing wrong here when removing host name from my system host file?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Replies
mmaturana
Contributor III
Contributor III

Good Morning. Did you find any solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Jim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This is pretty old but the server's certificate for the port you're trying to connect to does not have a matching DNS name. By default, restarting the Qlik Proxy Service will set the default QlikClient certifcate to port 4243. Our application gets the same error when trying to connect because QlikClient doesn't have any Subject Alternative Names set (I don't think it's possible to change that). 

I think that by adding the hostname to your file, it redirects it to a matching server and when it's removed, it sees they do not match anymore.

Currently, our solution is to set our own certificate with the correct DNS name. Unfortunately, if our AWS server restarts, the certificate gets reset too.