Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elakkians
Partner - Contributor III

Restore qlik sense repository db into postgres aws RDS

Hi,

I Need to take a backup of qlik sense repository backup from windows and restore the database in Postregs AWS RDS.

I am able to take the backup but i am not able to restore the backup.

Can some one help with the correct procedure/Steps.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Reply
Pato1984

Hi,

Follow this steps :

Start the Qlik Sense Repository Database (QRD).

• Restore the repository database:
    1. Place the backed up repository database on the machine targeted for the restore.
    2. Open a Command Prompt with administrator privileges in Microsoft Windows.

3. Run the following commands to restore the repository database (adjust the paths as needed):
        1. cd "%ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\<database version>\bin"

2. createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 QSR

If the command fails because a database already exists, run the following command and then repeat the createdb command:

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres QSR

1. pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d QSR "c:\QSR_backup.tar"

• Restore log and application data to the file share used for storage of log and application data.

• Restore any supporting content to its original location as required.
  • Start the Qlik Sense services. If the services are started manually, start them in the following order:

1. Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS)

If the user running Qlik Sense services is not local administrator on the machine, you need to start Repository.exe from an elevated command prompt using the -bootstrap parameter.

Services

2. Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS), Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES), Qlik Sense Scheduler Service (QSS), and Qlik Sense Printing Service (QPR) in no specific order

The order is important because the QRS is dependent on the QRD and the rest of the services are dependent on the QRS.

for more information you can check this link below 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...