Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to change default domain

Hi,

When logged into QlikSense by default it takes Domain\username(e.g. Daomain1\username). How can we force it to ask for different credentials?

The reason I ask is, we have Qliksense on AWS and all users on AWS have a different Domain(Domain2\username).

Right now when we try to login it takes Domain1\username

I'm not sure if I can ask this question in this forum, but wanted to check for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Asha

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Hey Asha,

Sense (in our out of AWS) should not assume the domain, so I don't believe a default is coming from Sense. You can change your authentication method inside of QSE from Windows to Forms in order to force an empty input box if you wish. This is configured in QMC > Virtual Proxies > Authentication > Windows Authentication Pattern.

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Asha ,

This is something you can configure via Virtual proxy. From what you explained, would it be better served by using SSO (single sign on, using SAML authentication) for your Qlik Sense environment. Authentication handled by you Identity provider (IP), ex- Azure AD and passed that user on to Qlik sense creating more seamless user journey and removing too many login screens. There are plenty documentations on how this can be achieved. I have also bloged about this subject (however its bit outdated now and AAD config on Azure portal has now more refined). If you would like to go down that path then please let me know. I will dig up sone materials to guide you in the right directions.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Quick link to support document which covers SAML authentication for few different identity providers. Might be useful for you. Theres a Google one out there somewhere in the community if you use google. Hope this helps.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000011135
Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂