Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publish QlikSense Dashboard with Extensions

Hello All,

I used some of QLIKsense extensions to design my dashboard, but unfortunately when i published, I got "invalid visualization" error on the components I used extensions for"

I have qlik sense cloud account, would you please help me with that.

Thanks. Hanan

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Extensions are not yet supported in Qlik Cloud.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

What are the alternatives in this case, why there are extensions if we can publish them along with the dashboard, how cool is that. Is there a workaround please. I need to deploy the story because without extensions qliksense is not the right option for us!!!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are extension in Qlik Sense because you can add functionality in your Qlik Sense environment. You can decide which extensions you trust enough to use in your environment. If an extension doesn't work correctly or causes performance issues then that impacts only your environment. And basically it's your own fault. You could and should have tested the extension.

Qlik Cloud is not your Qlik Sense environment. Qlik has to make sure an extension you want to use in Qlik Cloud doesn't negatively impact other users of Qlik Cloud. Until Qlik has a way to make sure any uploaded extension can't affect the service for other users it's unreasonable to expect to be allowed to upload any arbitrary code (i.e. an extension Qlik doesn't know anything about) and run it in Qlik Cloud.

The alternative is to use your own on-premises Qlik Sense Enterprise installation over which you have total control. Or have patience until Qlik Cloud does support extensions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand