cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcollinsRxB
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense Migration to AWS

We are currently looking at moving our QlikSense Environment(s) from a 3rd party data-center to our AWS infrastructure we manage. It looking at our current configuration by the 3rd party, I have a list of servers that have duplicates for each "server type" in our production configuration. I am somewhat new to Qlik, but not new to server infrastructure, so I am hoping somebody can help me clarify a few things.

In the design we currently have, it looks like we separate QS User Engines, QS Central/Schedule(?), DB, QS Web Proxy, and QS External Node onto separate servers for each service. When looking at the AWS Marketplace for QlikSense Enterprise, I don't understand what of all these services is included in the AMI that is used? Are they all in it? Do I realistically need to separate them?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
stein_to
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QlikSense offers various deployment and sizing options. You can find a detailed description here -> https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

I haven't used the AWS MarketPlace Image for QlikSense but since you are already managing the AWS Account I would probably do it by myself.

<< I don't understand what of all these services is included in the AMI that is used? Are they all in it? Do I realistically need to separate them?

As I said I don't know how the AMI is configured but running all services in one node (single-node installation) is possible and the easiest way of getting QlikSense up and running. In the end it is up to you to decide what kind of deployment fits for your organization.