Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

AAI for Encrypting/Decrypting values

Hi all, I'm looking into using this new functionality as a way to encrypt/decrypt values in QlikView script/front end. It's probably will probably have better performance than using QlikView macros.

Any ideas or warnings you can think about on this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

I have created an example to do this in Python and found that on anything larger than 10,000 rows of data that the performance is too slow for this use case. I will be publishing this to my github account so that you can review it and see if you can make it any better.

Github Example: https://github.com/newmans99/QlikPrivacyIntegration

Just updated the github site (Sept 7, 11:51AM EST), please note it is still a Work In Progress but it is viewable. I will be continuing to improve it over the next few days.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why you want to encrypt/decry-pt values?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

It's very sensible information.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you provide more information about real data?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

Let's say it's something like wages or credit card numbers. Information you don't want everyone to have access to it or have it stored somewhere without being encrypted.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sure, Here let's think we have 30 USERS using the Dashboard and If we need to encrypt the data for specific USER of course there must Section Access involved because we need to hide some information for specific users. and may be if we need to show like as always CC has 16 digit number. Why can't we hide some thing like 1234-XXXX-XXXX-5678. So, Then i don't think this information useful to users and we can hide some sequence numbers to the USERS

And, As usual we can barring the information to using decry-pt and/or use Hidden script in script level but UI we need to custom for that..

Does this helps to you? If not may be i would ask some information related data set. No need to provide secure data as threatened bug

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this is a good use-case for SSE/AAI I created a proof of concept based on Java to do regular expressions. You can use the same methodology to do encryption/decryption.

GitHub - wbvreeuwijk/qs-aai-java: Example implementation of a Java based Server Side Extension

Regards,

Bas.

SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

I have created an example to do this in Python and found that on anything larger than 10,000 rows of data that the performance is too slow for this use case. I will be publishing this to my github account so that you can review it and see if you can make it any better.

Github Example: https://github.com/newmans99/QlikPrivacyIntegration

Just updated the github site (Sept 7, 11:51AM EST), please note it is still a Work In Progress but it is viewable. I will be continuing to improve it over the next few days.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks a lot guys.