Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danifrolao
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlikserver doesnt start | installutil.exe file exist but doesn't start

Hi all,

I am migrating Qlikview to a new server, but after following all the steps of Qlik migration i still have this issue on the following image:

qlik.jpg

Can someone help me on this? Qlikserver doesnt start although all Qlik services are running.

The installutil.exe file exist on Microsoft.Net folder but does not start.

I am stuck on this and can´t understand why since all the steps of Qlik deployment guide were followed and nothing mention what to do in case this situation happen.

Thank you all.

Regards.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
danifrolao
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

The migration is being performed to a new machine that run Microsoft Server 2016. Thank you.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One key thing to be aware of in Server 2016, Windows Defender is fully enabled by default, and that can cause a lot of issues with ports etc., so that is one avenue to check into.  

I just wanted to clarify that the QlikView services in the Windows Services applet all show as running there?  If so, then the issue is in the QMC view showing one or more offline?  If that is the case, then the other thing to check is whether there is a Proxy Server configured on the new server, as Proxy Servers will most often interfere with our .Net http service calls...  You would either need to set the Bypass on local option in the Proxy settings, or set a rule in the Proxy server that would not capture the http traffic for our services etc.  

Best I have with you provided, I would also check our logs as well as the Windows Event Viewer logs for clues in this case as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.