Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SSEtoRServe specific functions are not recognized

Hi Dan, I've got Rserve and SSEtoRServe running, but Qlik Sense seem not recognize the plugin specific functions such as R.ScriptAggrExStr and therefore the objects (i.e. decisiontree) are empty. Is there any why to troubleshoot / fix the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Dear @Bas van Reeuwijk,

Thank you for your answer. Both Rserve and SSEtoRserve are running before I start Qlik Sense.

I did find a problem. The Settings.ini file was edited with CodeWriter and for some reason did not take effect because of that. When I added the line in Notepad, it started to work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I did read the troubleshooting section in the installation doc, but could not find any solution there.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌Qlik Sense will interrogate the plugin what capabilities it has at startup, This means that the SSEtoRServer.exe needs to be running when you start Qlik Sense. If you don't see the expression in the expression editor you may need to restart Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Dear @Bas van Reeuwijk,

Thank you for your answer. Both Rserve and SSEtoRserve are running before I start Qlik Sense.

I did find a problem. The Settings.ini file was edited with CodeWriter and for some reason did not take effect because of that. When I added the line in Notepad, it started to work.