Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help in qlikview reports comparison

Hi All,i am new to qlikview.
I have a requirement of comparing sales data field of two different reports for two different business dates in a single place.
We have one report separate for each business date.
For eg.For 31st dec 2018, we have just one report generated and similarly for 30 dec.
My requirement is,i want to compare sum(sales) for 31st dec and 30th dec in a pivot table and show their difference.
Note: in respective report i am just getting single date value for businesa date i.e 31st dec or 30th dec only.
Pls suggest the approach to get thia done.Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.
Labels (2)
8 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Add one more expression which shows the Data for previous date.

Now you need one more expression which will show Column(1) - Column(2)

Thanks

MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, but that new column having the previous date will not show anything since the previous date data is not loaded in the report. (Each report has data only for single business date)The report will just have data for 31st dec.
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

So, you mean to say for each business day, you are creating one dashboard or what?

Don't you store data of previous business day?

If any one have to check data for 30 Dec, how will he check?

MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes,for each business date we have separate dashboards showing the data.we have qvds generated for prev dates.
And in this requirement we need to show both dates' sales data in a single report using pivot table.
4 columns--
ID, business date, businesa date-1, difference
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Ok, in that case you need to load the data from both the QVDs ( Current Day and Previous Day) in your new Dashboard.

Then fetch the required columns from one concatenated table.

MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks..but that's where i need help.cud u pls show me with a small eg how to achieve this in script side if possible else IT's ok ,thanks fr ur help on this.
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

ok

Please note down the steps, 

Plz create 2 variables which will have current business day and Previous Business Day Details.

Now, based on the variable plz load both the qvds - Business_QVD_$(v_Current) and Business_QVD_$(v_Previous).

Since both the qvds have same columns, it will get autoconcatenated.

Now you can get your required data from that final Table.

MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks !