Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andymanu
Creator II
Creator II

Posting a question

Hi,

I wanted to post a question on the discussion board of Qlik Sense.

I got a qvf file and wanted to attach the file along with my question so that it would be easy for the experts to refer and provide me with a solution. Unfortunately, the new Qlik Sense discussion forum, did not allow me to attach the qvf file.

I was able to attach the qvf files with the old qlik sense forum and could someone help me with this issue because I want to get a clarification on my app ASAP.

Thanks.

Kind regards

Andy

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Got it !

This is what you need:

Num(
Count(Grouped_Trainee_No)/Sum(Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT Group_Capacity), Session_Start)) ,
'#,##0%')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Admins are working on getting this fixed. In the mean time you can zip the .qvf file and attach it here.

andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

This is in regards to  presenting the percentage utilization using a Gauge.

I have developed a small app and please find the attached qvf file  and the excel data set for the app herewith.

The data is around visualizing a trainee sessions  group capacity utilization for trainee staff members.

My question is, the pivot table I have constructed is working fine, but the  Gauge does not seems representing the correct percentage values. However, If I select an individual "session_start", it calculates the correct figures. Further, If I select multiple selection within the same "Session", it also represents the correct percentage values. Unfortunately, when I select multiple selections from different Sessions, the denominator value does not calculate the correct total "Group Capacity" values.

Thus, I have created two KPIs for the Trainee Numbers and for the Group Capacity for the testing purposes.

Appreciate a lot if someone could help me with this regards to resolve this issue.

Could be the use of SET analysis will do the job, but I couldn't figure it out.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you Stalwar too for your solution of the zip file.

Kind regards,

Andy

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Use this expression for the Gauge:

=Num(
Avg(Aggr(Count(Grouped_Trainee_No)/Sum(DISTINCT Group_Capacity),Session_Start)),
'#,##0%')

andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Axn,

Thank you very much for your reply.
That is something I was looking for, however despite the expression is giving me a much better percentage figure, still it is not performing the actual final result.
For an example, the data set got a total of 13 Trainee count and the total group capacity of 18. Thus, the overall utilization percentage should be around 72%. Instead, the expression gives an answer of 75% which is much more accurate than what I was getting.
Appreciate your feedback on the said query.
Awaiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Andy
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Got it !

This is what you need:

Num(
Count(Grouped_Trainee_No)/Sum(Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT Group_Capacity), Session_Start)) ,
'#,##0%')

andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lisa,
Sorry for calling you as Axn, should be your organization name.

Yes, i you are absolutely correct. Even i was thinking, if calculate the average of Group Trainee No by the Group capacity will repeat the group capacity more than what it should be.

Fantastic. You were really helpful and I was trying number of days to get rid of this issue.

I am really happy and should give you a big thank.

Thank you very much again.
Kind regards,

Andy