Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guy_benhaim
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop Freezes after SAVE

Qlik Sense freezes after clicking SAVE, it does not save the changes and does not allow browsing to other worksheets.

This also happens with the demo apps provided in the Hub (E.g. "Sales Discovery").

?

3 Replies
Rafa_Otavio
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Good night, .

Generally, connection problems with Qlik Sense Desktop require the verification of port 4848, this port may be unavailable causing the connection to be knocked over by a firewall or antivirus.

It could disable Windows antivirus and firewall if it is active and test.

Another important point in the Windows internet options >> Aba connections >> Configuration>. Uncheck "Automatically detect settings" if enabled.

If the problem continues try repairing the installation of the sense Desktop >> Go to Programs and Features in Windows (Control Panel) >> Right click on the application of Qlik Sense Desktop >> Change or Repair (this change requires a user level administrator

Hugs
guy_benhaim
Contributor
Contributor
Author

All was working fine for a month, then SAVE stopped working.

Thanks.

I did fresh re-install.  After that it let me save once(...)  and stopped saving.

Actually, after a failed SAVE the specific App does not load anymore, unless I exit QlikSense altogether, and use it again.

Disabling Windows FW and Defender made no difference.

Could it be Security permission to the QlikSense App directory?

guy_benhaim
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just recalled to close: it was the cloud-backup software, using same ports....

When closed/paused all is ok.