Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Table structure

Hi Experts - Just wanted to know whether my attached table structure is good to build the dashboards? What are Pro's and Con's ? Please clarrify... Have attached the table structure as wellTable structure.JPG

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Somasundaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Your data model seems , Circular loop, need to remove the circular loop.

join SUB_Region table with COS table.  or use of mapping load/Apply map. reduce the table.

Hope it will help. 

-Somasundaram

If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your model has a looped association structure which forced Qlik to create loosely coupled associations (the dashed lines). These will often give results different to what you might expect. In general, loosely coupled tables are an indication of a poor model design.

Personally, in over 10 years of Qlikview and Qlik Sense, i have never seen a valid use case for a model with loosely coupled tables. So the recommendation would be to redesign your data model. If you are using Qlik Sense, load the data via the Data Manager if you are uncertain.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is this model fine?

Table structure.JPG

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Since nobody else had replied, I wanted to let you know it looks much better than your previous model and should be functioning better, but I am not a very good developer, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but if things are performing well, I would say you should be in good shape at this point.  Sorry I am not more help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.