Qlik Community

Qlik Support Documents

Documents related to Qlik Support.

Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Not applicable

Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Welcome to the Qlik Support FAQ for Qlik Sense!

We have added the most common general and technical questions around Qlik Sense. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please use the Qlik Sense discussion forum or submit a Support case.

General

Where can I download Qlik Sense?

Qlik Sense can be downloaded at the download site, here.

How do I get support on Qlik Sense?

Qlik Sense is supported in the same way as for any other supported Qlik product. Please contact Qlik Support.

How do I log a bug for Qlik Sense?

Qlik Sense is supported in the same way as for any other supported Qlik product. Please contact Qlik Support.

Can I use my existing QlikView 12,11 or 10 licenses for Qlik Sense?

No. Licenses must first be converted from QlikView to Qlik Sense. Please see the Conversion topic for converting licenses.

Question: How can I purchase a license to run Qlik Sense?

Please contact your Account Manager or reach out to your regional sales team. You can also contact our Qoncierge team to get routed to the correct area.

Technical

What are the Qlik Sense system requirements?

The system requirements for Qlik Sense can be found in the Qlik Sense System Requirements document.

Can I install Qlik Sense Server on the same computer where I have QlikView Server 10 ,11 or 12?

It is not supported, nor recommended, to install or run Qlik Sense Server on the same server as any version of QlikView Server.

On what OS can I install Qlik Sense Server?

This edition of Qlik Sense Desktop requires 64 Bit Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 or Server 2012 R2. Windows 7 or 8 is for testing and development purposes only, and is not recommended. Please see the System Requirements.

Do I need a license to run Qlik Sense Server?

Yes, it will require a license and a valid maintenance agreement to be eligible for support. Please contact our Qoncierge Desk for conversion and Sales for purchase of licenses.

Will the apps I created in Qlik Sense Desktop work in Qlik Sense Server?

Yes, if you have been running version 0.96 or later of Qlik Sense Desktop.

Can I copy my QlikView 11 or 12 documents (qvw) into Qlik Sense Server?

Yes you can convert your QlikView 11 (qvw) data and load script to Qlik Sense Server (qvf).  To do this drag the qvw onto Qlik Sense Desktop and the conversion will take place. Once the data and script has been converted the user can create Qlik Sense objects. Object do not convert. Please note that you will have to do the conversion in Qlik Sense Desktop for the drag-and-drop to function, and then move the app to the Qlik Sense Server app folder. See this video for additional information.

Can I open Qlik Sense Server App on my mobile device?

Yes. Please refer to the System Requirements for browser support.

Does Qlik Sense Server provide an API?

Yes, several. Please refer to the Qlik Sense Online Help, or more specifically; Qlik Sense for Developers for API documentation and samples.

Can I add extensions to Qlik Sense Server?

Yes, copy it into this folder: C:\Users\username\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Is binary load supported in Qlik Sense?

Yes, it's possible to use a Binary Load to load data from another Qlik Sense app or QlikView document.Syntax: binary filefile ::= [ path ] filename

Where are the actions and buttons?

There are no actions in Qlik Sense.However, the Text & Image object allows you to create a link. Just drag and drop the Text & Image object, tap or click on it and in the menu for the object you will see the link icon.

How can I change the language in Qlik Sense Server

By default, Qlik Sense Server runs in the display language of the operating system of your computer (your client). In this case, the language cannot be altered unless you change the display language of the operating system.The following languages are available:

• English
  • German
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Dutch
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Swedish
  • Simplified Chinese

The default language is "English" if you choose an unsupported language.

Can I run Qlik® Sense and QlikView® on the same server with the same users?

Qlik® Sense and QlikView are distinct products, requiring distinct license grants, license deployments, and user access. Customers may not run Qlik® Sense and QlikView® on a single server.

Is this an upgrade or different product line?

Qlik® Sense is a new product line within the Qlik® suite of products.  Existing QlikView Customers will be given an opportunity convert their QlikView® licenses to Qlik® Sense Tokens at a fixed ratio based on equivalent capacity.  Such a conversion will only be performed at the request of the Customer.

Conversion

What is the process for conversion?

Customers wishing to convert their QlikView® licenses to Qlik® Sense Tokens will need to contact the Qoncierge team.

Migration & Upgrade

Can I copy my QlikView documents (qvw) into my Qlik Sense environment?

Yes, with some restrictions. While Qlik Sense does not support a straight conversion line between QlikView and Qlik Sense, there is functionality to open QlikView files (qvw) in Qlik Sense, and convert script and data model to a Qlik Sense application format. Expressions from QlikView applications can be reused in Qlik Sense apps, but will not be automatically migrated, since sheet objects are not migrated in the process.

What do I have to do to migrate my documents from QlikView 10,11 or 12 to Qlik Sense?

The current procedure is:

Copy the QlikView files (qvw) to the App folder of a Qlik Sense Desktop instance. The file will show up in the Hub.

Open the file with Qlik Sense from the Hub. This will convert the file to the Qlik Sense application format (qvf)

Please note that the only things kept from a qvw file is the script and the data model itself. Sheets, sheet objects, bookmarks, design or similar front-end parts will not convert.

How do I migrate my QlikView 11,12 CALs and CAL assignments to Qlik Sense?

Please see the Conversion topic.

Licenses

How does licenses and CALs work in Qlik Sense?

This is a brief overview of licensing in Qlik Sense:

License and tokens

The License Enabling File (LEF) determines the number of tokens for a QlikSense site. You must activate the QlikSense site license to get the tokens. You allocate the tokens to access types. Access types gives the users access to the hub and apps. When you allocate tokens the number of available tokens is reduced. Each access type costs a certain number of tokens and if the token balance is zero or insufficient you cannot allocate to the access types. You can free up tokens and choose to use the tokens differently. The number of tokens for the Qlik Sense site can be increased or decreased by activating a new license.

User access

You allocate user access to an identified user to allow the user to access the streams and the apps within a Qlik Sense site. There is a direct relationship between the access type (user access) and the user. If you deallocate user access from a user, the access type is put in quarantine if it has been used within the last seven days. If it has not been used within the last seven days, the user access is removed and the tokens are released immediately. You can reinstate quarantined user access, to the same user, within seven days. Then the user is given access again without using more tokens.

Login access

The login access allows a user to access streams and apps for one hour. This means that a single user can use several login access passes within a day. You create security rules specifying which users the login access is available for. When you delete a login access (group), tokens are released immediately if the login access contains enough unused login access passes. Used login access passes are not released until 28 days after last use. For example: If you allocated tokens giving 1000 login access passes to a group, they cannot use more than 1000 login access passes over 28 days. Also, if 100 login access passes are consumed on day 1, the 100 are available again on day 29.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-29-2014 09:53 AM
Updated by: