Qlik Community

Qlik Support Documents

Documents related to Qlik Support.

Tips: QvsAdminDataProvider in Script Editor

Employee
Employee

Tips: QvsAdminDataProvider in Script Editor

"Did you know that you can use the QvsAdminDataProvider.dll in the script editor to find out even more system meta data information? As long as you are a QV Administrator, all system collaboration meta information, document attributes, and even document list attributes can be pulled from QVS just by using this simple connector in the script editor. "

/Michael Terenzi, Designated Support Engineer

Labels (1)
Comments
er_abhichandra
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Can you elaborate more on the usage of the QVSAdminDataProvider.dll file? I am trying to use this feature but not able to connect to the source.

Thanks,

Abhinava

0 Likes

Abhinava,

are you a member of the QlikView Administrators local group? The connect string will simply use your AD credentials to connect to the QVS service.

If you can't get it to work, add the following to your script (replace localhost with the actual domainname of the QVS machine):

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvsAdminDataProvider.dll;host=localhost;UserId=;Password=;";

0 Likes

Thank you! Being a member of the QlikView Administrators local group I was Able to extract all this vaulable info!

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I tried to use this and I can successfully connect to the server but all three tables are empty! Any ideas?

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-11-14 07:17 AM
Updated by: