Skip to main content
Pamela_Whitney
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello All Qlik Customers,

We are pleased to confirm that Qlik Sense April 2019 and QlikView April 2019 feature releases are now available on our download site. These new feature releases include a host of new features as well as numerous product defect fixes.  For additional information, please see the attached release notes.

Qlik Sense April 2019 - New features including:

• Associative Insights – offering powerful new AI insight suggestions that reveal hidden insights in your selections, driven by the Qlik Cognitive and Associative Engines working together.
  • Two New Chart Types in the Visualization Bundle - Bar & Area chart and Bullet chart 
  • New Mapping Enhancements -  It is now possible to set a default map background for all new map charts.
  • SaaS Deployment for Qlik Sense Enterprise - a standalone SaaS deployment option for Qlik Sense Enterprise (QSE), with the ability to create, reload and consume Qlik Sense Enterprise apps entirely on Qlik’s hosted cloud.

QlikView April 2019 - New features including:

• Supporting QlikView and Qlik Sense dual-use – New unified licensing for customers taking advantage of QlikView and Qlik Sense dual-use.
  • Cross product integrated links - offers linking to QlikView from Qlik Sense Enterprise on Qlik Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes.

As always when upgrading any software, make sure that you backup your system and applications before doing any installation and follow upgrading best practices. Thank you for choosing Qlik software.

Kind regards
The Global Support Team

24 Comments
peterdawi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Pamela, really interesting about the dual use licensing. Is there any standard pricing information for this feature? 

"QlikView April 2019 includes support for unified licensing, which gives each user a single key to access both QlikView and Qlik Sense. This new licensing solution is particularly valuable to those who have taken advantage of dual-use licensing" 

Many Thanks, 

Peter 

Advance Business Consulting

0 Likes
Pamela_Whitney
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @peterdawi ,

Thanks for your interest.  The dual-use services offering is described in further detail here.  For more information on pricing options, please feel free to reach out to licenseadmin@qlik.com to discuss further.

Thanks for choosing Qlik software!

paulonetopt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Pamela_Whitney , could you please provide the What is new April 2019 for download?

Usually we see on YouTube video.

Cheers.

0 Likes
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee
0 Likes
paulonetopt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @ToniKautto .

thank you for the information.

Thoses information I really found it.

But what I want is get the qvf to upload to my environment and provide the new features for the users.

Sorry for do not mention this.

Cheers.

0 Likes
doplear01
Creator
Creator

Hi Pamela, do you have information of known issues of this release?

Michael_Leigh
Employee
Employee

Hi @doplear01 Known issues are documented in the release notes attached to the initial post. You can also search at support.qlik.com for Qlik Support articles related to the April 2019 release. Simply search for April 2019 and filter the products on the right side page for Qlik Sense.

PuriVelasco
Creator
Creator

Hi @Pamela_Whitney, I have Qlik Sense Enterprise with february 2019 version and I want to update to april 2019. How I have to do for this? Do I have to download the setup.exe or the update.exe in the URL downloads?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

@PuriVelasco access download as described in below Qlik Support article, and then install per instructions in below Qlik Sense Help page.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/Basic/How-to-access-the-extended-download-page-to-download-license...
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Content/Sense_Helpsites/Deploying.htm

0 Likes
PuriVelasco
Creator
Creator

Thank you @ToniKautto  but in the septup.exe file in april 2019 version doesn't activate the upgrade version, only appears uninstall and repair. What do I have to choose?

0 Likes