We have three new Qlik Sense patches available on the Qlik download site:

Qlik Sense Patch

September 2019 Patch 11

Release Notes

February 2020 Patch 5

Release Notes

April 2020 Patch 3

Release Notes

As with all software, please follow best practices when upgrading by backing up your Qlik Sense environment and testing the patch in a QA environment first. For more guidance on upgrade, see the Qlik Sense Upgrade guide. This guide was put together by the Qlik Digital Support team and offers step-by-step instructions, pictures and troubleshooting tips. 

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up-to-date with the latest releases. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! Also, please let us know if you have any questions or leave your feedback in the comments.

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Kind Regards,

Qlik Global Support

7 Comments
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Where is the QlikView update that was promised back in April?

Or
MVP
MVP

The QlikView upgrade - version 12.5 - was rolled out to no fanfare during the last week of April and is available on the download site. Don't expect any fireworks insofar as new functionality or improvements, though - just housekeeping, bug fixes, and more functionality that makes it easier to deploy QV and QS at the same time.

0 Likes
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Great, thanks for saying ...

0 Likes
Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @warfollowmy_ver ,

Thanks for reaching out. You can find details on the QlikView April 2020 release in this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-to-Qlik-Sense/QlikView-April-2020-is-now-available/gpm-p/1697...

A brief video is also included there. 

Best, Nicole Tamms

Qlik, Senior Product Marketing Manager

0 Likes
Or
MVP
MVP

@Nicole_TammsI feel like I have to ask even though I realize it sounds negative - is "QlikView to Qlik Sense" really the right place to let your QlikView customers know about new product versions? Has Qlik officially given up on its "QlikView is still supported as an individual platform" message? Is it now (officially) being treated as something being kept on life support while customers move their investment to Qlik Sense?

I have both QlikView and Qlik Sense deployed, and I have to admit I'm worried about the implications of this - QV was already getting very little in the way of new versions, service releases, and nothing in the way of new functionality, but not even announcing a major version in a dedicated location seems downright odd.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

@Or, It has long been obvious to me what they are doing. QV in the near future will cease to support and after that will be removed as a product. There will be a single platform, now everything has been done so that you can switch to the QS without loss of operating time in the QV .
Our company does not need this transition, we are satisfied with QV , but apparently it has already been decided by QT.

There is no other way I can explain this.

Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Or  The announcement of QlikView April 2020 was posted to the main QlikView community page: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView/ct-p/qlikview. It was also included in the release-related communications. It is relevant to the "QlikView to Qlik Sense" area, which is why it's posted there too. 

We do not have plans to sunset QlikView. This is not on the roadmap.  We will continue to release and support QlikView for the foreseeable future. And, QlikView support will continue to follow the standard Qlik maintenance cycle for each release. 

Surveys have proven, our happiest customers are those that utilize both QlikView and Qlik Sense. Many customers are also modernizing their BI environments and deploying on SaaS. So, as you look to the future, where new BI requirements and use cases come into play, Qlik Sense will support you with these initiatives. @Vinay_Kapoor