Qlik Community

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

Announcements
Join “Do More With Qlik” with Mike Tarallo to get a first-hand look at the New Authoring Experience, June 29th: REGISTER HERE
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Today we have made available Service Release 2 for Qlik Sense 2.0 (2.0.2) on our download site.  The SR includes various bug fixes for Sense 2.0, and also takes advantage of a new update capability for installing SR's.  You will see TWO Qlik Sense 2.0 SR2 installers on the download site.

• Qlik_Sense_setup is the full install of Qlik Sense Enterprise. Use this where Qlik Sense 2.0.1 is not currently installed. In this instance Qlik Sense 2.0.2 will become your BASELINE Qlik Sense installation.
  • Qlik_Sense_update is just the SR update for the baseline Qlik Sense Enterprise. It will apply the updates included in SR2 to an existing Qlik Sense 2.0.1 installation. In this instance we call the 2.0.1 installation the BASELINE.

The update is installed as a package that you can manage on your system via Windows (Control Panel > Programs & Features > Installed Updates).  Each update that is applied against a baseline release is listed and can be managed thru Windows (i.e. rolled back). When you rollback an update, the Sense installation goes back to the latest set of installed updates (e.g. rollback of the SR2 update will take your installation back to the baseline 2.0.1 release).

Each update is cumulative so that you can move from Sense 2.0.2 to Sense 2.0.4 & get the fixes that were delivered with 2.0.3 without having explicitly installed it.

Note that this update capability is only available on the SERVICE RELEASE track (see here for our Qlik Sense Maintenance Release policies)

(Please note that the HELP site is in the process of being updated with 2.0.2 content and will be refreshed by Tuesday (July 21).

3 Comments
Not applicable

Thank you for that information and the new patch to the release. You do amazing work and QlikSense looks just beautiful. However, there are some problems I'd like to mention about.

I didn’t check all fixes, but I could see a few new potential issues

1. There is a problem with dropdown list. It doesn’t appear sometimes

problemQlikSense2.0.2.png

1. There is still problem with remote profiles (\\shareddrive...) (QLIK-36786)
  2. It looks like it takes much longer time to load the app and the whole QlikSense

Hopefully, it will be helpful for you. I can provide more details if requested.

0 Likes
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Adam

Please report these issues, with the appropriate detail into our support team who will ensure that they are triaged and acted upon appropriately

Regards

0 Likes
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Number 1 is an issue that should have been resolved already. I'd love to introduce QlikSense here but until remote profiles are allowed I can't do anything. I doubt I'm alone in this.

0 Likes