Qlik Community

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

Employee
Employee

Qlik September 2019 Technical Previews are Available

The Qlik Sense September 2019 Technical Preview and Qlik NPrinting September 2019 Technical Preview are now available on their respective boards.  Head over to the boards to access the software and check out what’s new!

9 Comments
squeakie_pig
Contributor

Hi @AndrewKruger .  Is this page restricted?  Tried the link to the Qlik Sense preview and got the following message: Access Denied: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the question.  The Technical Preview is available to Customers and Partners.  If you are affiliated with a Customer or Partner and can't access the page then please contact Qlik Support noting the Customer / Partner you are affiliated with and ask for access. 

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Thanks for sharing the detail.

Regards,

Daya Jha

0 Likes
warfollowmy_ver
Contributor III

The next update QS ...

Is it possible to say that when we pay for QV support we pay for nothing and it makes no sense, because you are no longer going to develop QV, but will only deal with QS?

And QV users can go for a walk because now they are dinosaurs (thanks to you, but at the same time for our money, which we also pay for nothing, because QV updates are an empty place in terms of introducing new technologies that are also needed).

Hello,

Thank you for your post.   I am glad to chat more on your comment "Is it possible to say that when we pay for QV support we pay for nothing and it makes no sense, because you are no longer going to develop QV, but will only deal with QS?" is in correct.   QlikView continues to be maintained and extend it's enterprise capability.  Most recently Qlik has been investing quite heavily in a new modern common cloud architecture (K8) to support BOTH QlikView and Qlik Sense.  This investment combined with new common licences and common administration allows our customers to benefit BOTH products.  This is no longer a QlikView or Qlik Sense decision but rather a QlikView AND Qlik Sense.

Welcome a conversation if you would like more details on where Qlik and our customers are going 

Chris

0 Likes
glacoste
Contributor

Dear @Christopher_Ilacqua , I totally disagree with your statement. Everyone who uses QlikView knows that the last update that added some kind of feature to QlikView was more than 2 years ago. The updates that followed did not add anything new to QlikView and basically focused on connecting QlikView with QlikSense with an improvement approach in QlikSense and not in QlikView.

I really agree with the comments made by @warfollowmy_ver . QlikView is an abandoned product that lacks relevant updates, see the log of changes of the last 2 years and will agree with me.

warfollowmy_ver
Contributor III

@Christopher_Ilacqua  I can not agree with you.

Our huge company does not and will not care about QS. We will never accept the concept of self-analitics because we have too many employees, processes, and we know too well what we need.

We have several hundred applications with dozens of sheets in each.

Switching to QS is simply because QT no longer cares about QV, this will never happen, too much work has already been invested. But we must also develop.

There is also no guarantee that QT in five years will also not spit on QS and will not create a new Q* and everything will happen again.

If everything is redone for a new product, then I assure my leadership there is no argument why we will again have to pay QT. I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of years now, I assure you with QT that we will definitely not cooperate in this case, because common sense and thinking ahead based on previous precedents.

Therefore, I am firm in my opinion that QT is acting dishonestly taking money from both of them, but it fights QS. We pay like everyone else, but we get nothing significant updates at best every three months, which tell us "switch to QS". For us it is very very bad.

We would like to know right now the prospects for QV “development” for five years, so that right now we decide to pay us further for this meaninglessness or to rewrite everything to another product that will not throw us like that.

Partner
Partner

Hmm. I partially agree. Especially when it comes to new frontend features in Qlikview. 

But for larger organizations there were quite some features in the QV 12 releases:

- New Version of the Qlik Engine (from Qlik Sense)
- Support for unbalanced QVS Cluster
- Distribution Service Groups
- New .TShared files replacing .Shared files
- Graceful Shutdown Distribution Service
- Server Side Extensions (R, Python Integration)
- New Accesspoint much faster when you have hundreds of apps
- AJAX Client now allows CopyToClipboard, Set Reference, etc (replaces IEPlugin as primary client)
- Support for Win 2016/Win2019
- Replacing  Rendering Engine GDI+ with SKIA
- QIX Performance Log to see which Documents/Objects use CPU/Memory

When it comes to QlikView-layout there wasn't much. I remember:

- Sortable Aggr Function
- Search in Variable dialog
- New Logo for .qvws and QlikView Developer 😉

Has someone something to add to this list?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Web connector support  + REST connector has broadened the accessible data sets . More back end to be sure .

For front end improvements there are other “value add” products like geoanalytics and Nprinting 64bit that are now supported and licensed by Qlik as a vendor that provide more front end improvements albeit with some expanded architecture requirements . 

For enterprise customers in multiple geographies , qlik has resolved the need to double license the same user in two QlikView clusters by using the new signed license key.  

incidentally  for QlikView customers who also have use of qlik sense , the new key that replaces LEFs and CALS will also help with dual licensing .  The new key helps resolve the document cal limitations which can be a pain. 

The new key also helps deploy the new QlikView elastic option where you can now run QVS clusters on kubernetes instead of  windows .  Being able to scale a QVS cluster up or down for peak periods in the month or quarter is a key backend improvement . This superceded trying to support NAS for shared storage for which many cloud platforms already have suitable solutions for shared storage for QlikView . 

Their are  a bunch of other improvements requests like Nprinting ondemand  improvements , SAML support that I commonly see . Please feel free to send your requests to your qlik account manager or even here if needed . 

0 Likes