Qlik Community

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

Employee
Employee

Qlik Web Connectors November 2018 Release (v2.49.2) Available

The November 2018 release of the Qlik Web Connectors is now available to download!

Post Update: A patch for this release has been made available. However, please ensure that you read this blog post around upgrading to the Qlik Web Connectors November 2018 release, as an extra mandatory step is required, and also refer to it's Release Notes.

The Qlik Web Connectors November 2018 Release (v2.49.2) is now available on the Qlik.com download page‌ (you need to be logged in to Qlik.com)

Along with a number of general improvements, there's a mandatory extra step when upgrading to this version (see below) and the Adobe Analytics Connector has been placed into a deprecated state.

There have also been some potentially breaking changes to the Facebook Fan Pages Connectors due to upgrading to v3.1 of the API resulting in some table changes.

Please refer to the Release Notes for more details of these and all other changes.

If you're using Qlik Web Connectors November 2017 and either any beta connectors or standard connectors, please read the the rest of this post about upgrading and expiring beta/standard connectors.

Notice for All Users: Upgrading to November 2018!

Due to a change in the working file structure of the Qlik Web Connectors, on upgrading to this version it is necessary to perform some extra steps, which is a one-off.

This will affect all users that are upgrading to this version.

Please refer to the accompanying release notes for more details of the extra steps.

Current Users of Beta Connectors or Only Standard Connectors

As a reminder, if you are using Qlik Web Connectors November 2017 release and either:

• any Beta Connectors or
  • any Standard Connectors WITHOUT any Premium Connectors enabled

then these will expire on 30-Nov-2018, so you must upgrade to a newer version as soon as possible. We maintain a schedule here (please note the new link)

See here‌‌ for help on upgrading.

Please see the release notes, also on the download site, for full details.

Help can be found here:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Setup-deploy/Qlik_Web_C...

We hope you continue to enjoy using the Qlik Web Connectors and please join the community group, where you can provide us with feedback on the Qlik Web Connectors, seek assistance with the beta connectors or exchange ideas and solutions with other users.

Thanks,
The Web Connector Team

Tags (1)
5 Comments
alexometis
Contributor II
Just thought I'd note that November 2018 Release (v2.49.2) came out on 7 November, what came out today was November 2018 Release Patch 1 (v2.49.3) including fixes from the original release for: MS Dynamics CRM 365 – Platform Upgrade to v9 SMTP Connector - Managing Proxy at Connector Level FTP/SFTP Connector – Issue when Only Username is Defined
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

You're right that a patch is now available, as announced in this posted. The original November 2018 released post was delayed going live due to the community site being upgraded.

Thanks,
Darren

0 Likes
alexometis
Contributor II
Thanks - I did wonder as I've seen some other old posts coming through as "new" since this one...
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

I think (hope) it's down to old posts being pulled across, because i suddenly started to see people like older posts too.

Anyway, moving forward, we should be in sync...

0 Likes
felipessj
New Contributor III
0 Likes