Qlik Community

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

ica
Valued Contributor II

QlikView November 2017 Technical Preview is now available

Qlik customers & partners are invited to join the QlikView November 2017 Technical Preview. This Preview includes new features and improvements like:

• Analytic connections - With analytic connections, you can integrate external analysis with your business discovery. By configuring an analytic connection (through server-side extensions), you can extend the built-in expression library with support for calling third-party calculation engines, both for load script and for chart expressions.
  • WebClient improvements like switch language, Detach, Set reference, Copy single column selection, Copy cell
  • Shared files management improvements - improved stability, shared file cleaning, PGO buffering
  • Export in XLSX format - XLSX is now the default exporting format for Excel files, replacing XLS.
  • BNF script reload mode - A new script reload mode, BNF, has been introduced. It uses the same syntax checks as those in the Script editor.
  • KML support - QlikView now can read KML files for use in a map visualizations. The KML file can represent either area data, such as countries or regions, or point data such as cities or places.
  • LEF Control on Maintenance date - When upgrading the QlikView Server or QlikView Desktop, LEF files must be up to date.

Try out these new capabilities and improvements and use the community to give your feedback on this new release of QlikView.

Please provide your feedback before September 22nd when the community closes.

If you have any question or have issues accessing the community please send an email to insight@qlik.com.

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

Best Regards,

The Products Team

32 Comments
p_verkooijen
Valued Contributor

Nice to see new features in QlikVIew

pablolabbe
Valued Contributor II

This version will have a native map object to present KML data ?

0 Likes
p_verkooijen
Valued Contributor

Cant find the/a map object in this version

no map object.png

0 Likes
aoiohyama
New Contributor

Please give me partner authority!!

pablolabbe
Valued Contributor II

Weird. Probably it´s to use with Qlik Geo Analytics add-on product.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Pablo,

QlikView now supports the loading of KML files but there is no native map object in the product. You will need to use a mapping extension. The possibility to read KML files was enabled in order to support the Geo Analytics add on as you mention in another post.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Jenny

ica
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

You are listed as a partner.

0 Likes
aoiohyama
New Contributor

Thank you !

0 Likes
pablolabbe
Valued Contributor II

HI Jenny,

Thank you for answering my question.

0 Likes
pgrenier
Contributor III

Hi Irena,

This "November 2017" version of QlikView (Quite a retro naming convention if you ask me...), does it upgrade the 12.0 version, the 12.1 version or is it some sort of new 12.2 version that follows in the footsteps of the 12.1 release?

The reason I'm asking this is that version 12.1 forces us to purchase extra licences to manage rotating personnel due to the abrasive 7 day quarantine period, whereas is was set at an honest 24h period prior to that release.

Also, what impact can we expect on existing dashboards with this "BNF script reload mode" that seems to become the new default behavior? The following text from the release notes doesn't explain anything at all:

"A new script reload mode, BNF, has been introduced. It uses the same syntax checks as those in the Script editor. If needed, there are two different methods for disabling the BNF reload mode."

Thanks in advance for your time,

Philippe

0 Likes

Good to have some what Qliktech concentrate on Qlikview Toooo !!!!

0 Likes
ananyaghosh
Contributor III

Hi,

It should default add the following functionalities like:

1. Big data connections

2. Should introduce the Map chart

3. Should introduce R or Python for statistical calculations

4. should introduce a scheduler to automatically export data from chart object to email or folders

Thanks,

Sandip

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

You should think of the November 2017 release as being like a 12.20 release.

I'm not aware of this changing licensing from 12.10 unless someone knows otherwise.  I can't speak for your use case (so don't take this the wrong way), but regardless of what the product stops you doing technically, a Named or Document CAL shouldn't be removed from a user unless they are either leaving the organisation or department using QlikView.  (see https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license%20agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-e... for details).

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Sandip: for Point 4. you should consider NPrinting

0 Likes
pgrenier
Contributor III

Hello Dave,

The release notes from the 12.10 track includes the following comment:

CAL quarantine period change clarification

The changed quarantine period from 24 hours to 7 days introduced in 12.10 IR applies both to named CALs and Document CALs.

Document CAL's are to be removed from any user who should no longer access the contents of an application, whether the user has migrated to another department or project, or simply if an application has reached it's end-of-life.

Regards

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi ica

Can you please provide access to the installer. I would like to test R capabilities.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
ica
Valued Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

The Tech Preview is available only to existing customers and partners. If you are one, please send an email to insight@qlik.com

Thank you.

Kind regards,

/Irena

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you Irena.

0 Likes
marta_e_quintao
New Contributor

Although I’m a partner, I can’t seem to access the QlikView November 2017 technical preview

I sent an e-mail to insight@qlik.com but I haven't received a response yet. What do I need to do to in order to gain access?

Thank you.

0 Likes
ica
Valued Contributor II

Hi Marta,

I have sent you an email. If you haven't received it please let me know.

0 Likes
siva_aon
New Contributor

ica‌Hi Irena Calovska,

I am a Qlik Customer, unfortunately i couldn't able to access QlikView November 2017 Technical Preview

Can you please help to give access?

Siva Sankar

0 Likes
ica
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sivasankar,

Thank you for your interest! The QlikView November 2017 Technical Preview is now closed and is no longer available.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
ghockley1981
New Contributor

Hello All

Do we have a release date for Qlikview 12.20, we would like to prepare our teams ready to get our testing completed on the full release ready to move onto our live servers.

Many Thanks

Glenn

0 Likes
lwt
Contributor III

Hi Glenn,

the release is planned for mid-november, but no exact date is yet announced.

Kind Regards,

Lars Wahlstedt

0 Likes
lucasvallinoto
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the post.

After upgrading our internal server, we had problems with the script, that could only be solved turning the new BNF mode off  ( BNF script reload mode - A new script reload mode, BNF, has been introduced. It uses the same syntax checks as those in the Script editor.)

The script fails when calling a vbs script , simple one to remove html text codes from a link.

Is that expected? I could fix by adding the prefix, but can you tell us more about this new feature, how it works, any other impacts to expect, etc...?

Couldn't find any good documentation about it, and we would like to prevent our clients for having issues before installing the new version.

Thank you, kind regards

Lucas

0 Likes
hrolofs
New Contributor III

Hello together,

did anyone tested the macro function (JScript or VBScript) with the November release?

Till we upgraded to the new version all docuents that used/call marco function during the loader script stopped with an error messages. This happens on the server and  also on the Desktop client.

With the last version bevore QV12.10 SR8 every macro works fine.

Regards, Henry

0 Likes
martin_dideriks
New Contributor III

How do you call the macros? If you call the macros from outside of QV, you could.

What error message do you get?

If you see the message "System call failed", you could try  to insertWScript.Sleep 5000” in your macro. It solved my issues in an earlier version of QV12

0 Likes
michael_nordstr
Contributor

Hi Henry,

it sounds like your problem is due to the new BNF reload mode. From the documentation:

A new script reload mode, BNF, has been introduced. In some unusual cases, users may need to disable the BNF reload mode using one of these methods:

• Disabling BNF reload mode for the entire server: Update the Settings.ini by adding the line EnableBnfReload=0 under the [Settings 7] tag for the default reload setting "EnableBnfReload". Restart the engine.
  • Disabling BNF reload mode for individual apps: Add the ///$bnf off tag at the top of the script (it must be within the first 50 characters of the script). Reload the script.

/Michael

0 Likes
hrolofs
New Contributor III

Hello Martin, hello Michael,

thanks for your fast response. The problem was related to the BNF. After i disabled it all QlikView documents/Scripts works fine. :-) You saved my day. :-)

There are different Settings.ini on the system. I tried all of them.

For the QlikView Server the number 2 works, for the desktop client the number 4. works.

1. C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini

2. C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini

3. C:\Users\AdminStorage\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

4. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

5. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini

Question now is how i call macro function on the correct way with enabled BNF if this now standard?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Henry

0 Likes
vasiliy_211
New Contributor

Hi! After the upgrade to the November version, the JS extensions did not work anymore. Namely - this.Layout object does not contain TextN objects, it does not even contain half of standard objects, such as AxisX, AxisY for example.
Who faced this problem?

0 Likes