Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Accespoint in different server

Hi! 

We currently have QVS and QVWS in same server and we decided to move the webserver to a different server to avoid CPU consuming users.

To do so, I installed QVS, QVWS and directory connector in the new server, copied the config.xml to the new server and configured the webserver in the management concole (screenshoot attached)

We don't knwow if we should do something else... can we have booth webservers at the same time? Should we close the old one? Should we move the QVW files to the new server? In that case how should we point to that new folder?

Many thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

You should never have two QMC services installed in the same system.

Running two QMC services will brake the system.

You also don't need to have a second QVS on the webserver node.  And unless you have 2 servers in your license one of the QVS will go to "off duty" state.

To use the second webserver you have to use the url to that server. QlikView will not load balance between the webservers.

But the webserver will load balance between the two QVS (If you have license for two and keep the second QVS)

I found an old article on this

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000004351

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

You can have two webservers, no problem.

You don't have to move anything, it is the QVS that opens the document and presents the list in AP.

Is your setup working? 

dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't know.

WIth this setup, is the QVS of server 1 who decides in witch AP opens the document? I want the server1 to open the files in the server2.

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

You make that configuration in the QMC. See screenshot.

* CPU with RAM Overload, meaning that the client is directed to the least busy QVS.
* Loaded Document, meaning that the client is directed to the QVS in which the requested document is already loaded.
* Random, meaning that the client is directed to a QVS randomly.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Then as per your screenshoot what I should configure is 2 QVS and not 2 QVWS right?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Correct. Then you can configure which QVS you want documents to load from.

dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tested your approax. QVS installed and QVS added to the management console (screenshoot)

Now I change the QVS selected in the accespoint connections settings, it works but then all the list of documents gone...

What I'm missing?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Does the new QVS have the mounted folders configured on it?

dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't know how to configure it without the management console.... Back to basics: I executed the Qlikview server installation and only installed the Qlikview server, not the management service or the web server.

Mi guess wass exactly that I need somehow to configure the folders on the new server...

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

You don't need to install the management service on the server where you installed the QVS. You just need to go into the QMC>System>QVS and add the mounted folders where your QVWs reside there. 

Lucas_Gatling_0-1617110505948.png