cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaRodriguez
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Access Point Documents Limit

Does anyone know if there is a limit of how many QV documents can be published on Access Point? I wonder if there is any impact on performance if Access Point has over 2-3K published apps.

Appreciate feedback.

Anna

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

There is no hard limit as to the number of QVWs that can be published to the Access point. It's basically how big is your QlikView environment and can it handle x number of published apps? Same goes with performance. How beefy is your server environment and is it equipped to handle that number or applications varying in size?  I would assume with the number of applications you would like to publish that this is a multi-node environment. How many nodes do you have and how powerful are your nodes (CPU size, RAM size, etc)? All of these things would need to be taken into consideration. But again there is no hard limit on the number apps one can publish to their QV environment. The limit is basically the server environment you want to publish to.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnnaRodriguez,

In addition to the excellent information Lucas provided, suggest you also check out the Scalability section of Qlik Community.  In particular, the QV Scalability Tools.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

There is no hard limit as to the number of QVWs that can be published to the Access point. It's basically how big is your QlikView environment and can it handle x number of published apps? Same goes with performance. How beefy is your server environment and is it equipped to handle that number or applications varying in size?  I would assume with the number of applications you would like to publish that this is a multi-node environment. How many nodes do you have and how powerful are your nodes (CPU size, RAM size, etc)? All of these things would need to be taken into consideration. But again there is no hard limit on the number apps one can publish to their QV environment. The limit is basically the server environment you want to publish to.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnnaRodriguez,

In addition to the excellent information Lucas provided, suggest you also check out the Scalability section of Qlik Community.  In particular, the QV Scalability Tools.

Best Regards

AnnaRodriguez
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much for great info. We have quite powerful environment:

4 (QVS) @ 768 GB (ECC DDR4)RAM, Processor: Intel Xeon Platinum, 2.7 GHz speed, 24 cores
3 (QDS) @ 384 GB (ECC DDR4)RAM, Processor: Intel Xeon Gold, 2.6 GHz speed, 16 cores

There are already 500 QVW documents published on Access Point (10% with size from 1-10 GB and the rest < 1GB). Would adding additional 500 apps with medium size make any impact on the performance of others?

Can having large number of published apps affect .pgo files?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@AnnaRodriguez,

The hardware you mentioned does look to be robust for sure.

500 additional QVWs would definitely impact the system resource usage across the nodes.  Are you familiar with the Qlik whitepaper  QIX Engine Memory Management and CPU Utilization?  It does a great job in explaining how RAM and CPU are used in QlikView and should help give you some understanding on how to appropriately size your environment. 

Having a large number of QVWs typically wouldn't directly effect the .PGO files.  But you could experience some .PGO issues if you're experiencing poor QVS performance and QVS.exe cannot consistently communicate with the .PGO files.  We do have some well known corporate customers who have very large and well-functioning QlikView Server/Publisher environments with more QVWs than what you're planning.  So QlikView is up to the task if the appropriate hardware/sizing is done.

Again, would reiterate the Scalability information I mentioned in my earlier post.  If you're somewhat new to QlikView architecture planning, I would strongly suggest that you reach out to your account team as they can provide some additional guidance and resources, instead of just relying on what you can glean from Community.  Good luck!

Best Regards

AnnaRodriguez
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Chip, my questions are rather based on curiosity. We have experienced issue with corrupted pgo files in last few months, so was wondering if large number of apps on Access Point have any impact. Will definitely reach out to our account team when we are ready for new clients.