Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonip_78
Partner - Contributor III

AccessPoint Login Issues On Different Browsers

Hi,

I did a clean install of QlikView Enterprise 12.80 (May 2023) (IIS) on Server 2019 and I'm having alot of problems with it.

Main problem is that every user now has to delete coocies from the browser so that they are able to login to the AccessPoint on the new server. If they don't then AccessPoint does not show the login prompt and if it does show then the AccessPoint might hang after login. This happens with Chrome, Edge and Safari.

We tested this on Edge and Chrome and were able to login after we deleted the coocies. However many users claim that deleting coocies does not work and AccessPoint does not show the login prompt, hangs after it or hangs when they open their document. Only thing that works for them seems to be using "Incognito" or "private" mode on their browser.

I tested this at home with Mac (Safari) and deleting coocies did not work. It shows the login prompt, then I login and I see the AccessPoint but it's greyed out. Screenshot attached. With Safari "Private" mode everything works fine.

Every setting in QMC is the same as on our old server 12.20 and I really don't know what to do anymore. On 12.20 everything works fine. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jonip_78 

What authentication module are you using in QlikView? Default AD, SSO?

Are the user navigating straight to AccessPoint or are they using a link to a document?

jonip_78
Author

AD. We had a "landing page" and there was a link to QlikView. Now on the new server we only have a redirect on IIS so that the users go straight to AccessPoint.

There was one Safari user that was unable to sign in even after deleting cookies from Safari. I had the same on Safari but managed to get it working after deleting cookies again.

Most of the Edge/Chrome users have managed to delete cookies but for some it is challenging. When they say it didn't work they might not know what they are doing and the cookies are still there.

I'm no expert in websites and cookies so I was wondering if there is anything in our end that we can do in IIS for example so that the old cookies are not used anymore?