Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Accesspoint Filters

Hi All,

The question is which filters are shown on Accesspoint ? Doesnt it take the previous sessions last used filter ? If not how to know which filter is saved. and is it a choice on how to handle this ? 

PS: I am not sure if I have tagged the right location "Publisher". 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Can you clarify if you mean filters on QlikView documents?

What you are describing here sounds like Session Recovery. See this article: Session Recovery in QlikView: How to enable it and how it works .

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your response. I believe it is session recovery. 

But the problem is instead of getting the last document state it is very weird and gets some random document state. Isnt session recovery user based ?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @boopeshj .

Session Recovery is indeed user-based. It basically creates a bookmark on the closing of the session (so when the AJAX session is actively terminated or timeout is reached or IE Plugin closed). Then that bookmark is applied next time the user opens the document.

You may want to try and figure out how your users are interacting with the document to make sure it isn't just a previous session still being active. See this for a little more of an explanation, though most is already covered in the article I originally showed you: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Management/Session-recovery-in-AJAX/m-p/1612249/highlight/tru...

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to add link to the QMC Help regarding Session Recovery as well:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.