cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripwireqv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Accesspoint orders matrix differently from Design tool

(Yes this is an admin question) I've a matrix that shows months Jan-feb-mar-apr-may-jun-jul-aug-oct-nov-dec  across the top as appropriate in the design tool for Qlikview, but when the same chart (with same selections) is shown in Accesspoint, it starts with December and shows through November - all months are there, all data is right, it's just starting the year with Dec.  This has apparently been going on for some months and it's just been brought to my attention.  I have confirmed the data sorts correctly in both DEV and PROD environments, so it's not an app development issue, and the data as I said is correct .  I've tested in Chrome and Firefox - same results..  What is accesspoint doing?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If you says it worked within DEV and PROD do you mean each time only the desktop client or also the AJAX client on the access point? Is your month-field a real MONTH or just a string?

Depending from the executing users and the machines could the interpreting and formatting from the identically raw-data be different - not just within the final app else already on each load-step and therefore the entire data-model might be different. And of course different data or slight changes within the script respectively execution-order could also have some impact. The same may happens if different releases from the clients and server are used.

Also the user which opened an application could make a difference if for example a section access is implemented which may lead to invalid calculations if any relevant data were removed from the data-reduction.

Probably there are further effects possible. Therefore it might be yet a development issue. You need to ensure that all data, executions, settings and user are identically.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@tripwireqv,

Article Differences between IE Plugin and Ajax explains the differences between the clients.  When you open the QVW in QlikView Desktop, what behavior do you see when you have WebVeiw enabled?  By sample QVW I'm not talking about production app, but a sample that exhibits the issue.  It may be best for you to open a Support case as your issue may require extensive troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @tripwireqv,

Since you're using Chrome/Firefox I assume the client are you using on AccessPoint is AJAX, so there are differences between the desktop client and AJAX.  Has it always been like this? When did this start happening? Can you provide a sample QVW file that exhibits the issue? What is the full build version of QlikView Desktop client and QlikView Server?

Best Regards

tripwireqv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes.  I agree (I guess I use "designer tool" rather than "desktop client", but that is what I am after - why is this different on the AJAX accesspoint view, that the data consumers have access to?)  I'm told it's been going on "for some time", predating the new developer being hired (months) and the person who created this is no longer with us to ask - it might have been.  Posting the QVW publicly is...not likely feasible.  We're on the April 2021 build (12.50.20100.0) -  I keep server and desktops in sync.  

marcus_sommer

If you says it worked within DEV and PROD do you mean each time only the desktop client or also the AJAX client on the access point? Is your month-field a real MONTH or just a string?

Depending from the executing users and the machines could the interpreting and formatting from the identically raw-data be different - not just within the final app else already on each load-step and therefore the entire data-model might be different. And of course different data or slight changes within the script respectively execution-order could also have some impact. The same may happens if different releases from the clients and server are used.

Also the user which opened an application could make a difference if for example a section access is implemented which may lead to invalid calculations if any relevant data were removed from the data-reduction.

Probably there are further effects possible. Therefore it might be yet a development issue. You need to ensure that all data, executions, settings and user are identically.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@tripwireqv,

Article Differences between IE Plugin and Ajax explains the differences between the clients.  When you open the QVW in QlikView Desktop, what behavior do you see when you have WebVeiw enabled?  By sample QVW I'm not talking about production app, but a sample that exhibits the issue.  It may be best for you to open a Support case as your issue may require extensive troubleshooting.

Best Regards