Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Active directory, login prompt

We did configure Active Directory under "DSC -> Active Directory".

"Problem":

I log onto my Windows 8, AD-connected, client machine.

I open Chrome (or IE, Firefox) and browse to the AccessPoint webserver.

Now the "login window" pops up, and I have to enter my AD username/password in order to get logged in.

Question:

I thought that since I'm logged into the AD my Windows machine, and the QV-Server is AD-connected, I would automatically get authenticated with that username/password and let in to AccessPoint?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

t1.png

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I have found that in some instances, if you use a fully qualified domain/server name (eg domain@company.com) in the access point URL, you get SSO behaviour, but if you use the unqualified server name  you have to log in again.

(In other instances it is the other way round!)

Eg

http://server.mydomain.company.com/Qlikview/

vs

http://server/Qlikview/

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

t1.png

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi ,

Follow the steps as shown in screens:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

This solved the problem, so simple, thanks for your response!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for helping me verify my settings!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would like to try to explain why this is happening. This issue will occur if you use an FQDN or IP that contains periods. The Web browser will consider anything that has a period in the address as being an Internet Side and will not pass your user information to the site. They is why you are required to log in. You can put the site into Trusted Sites and then it will pass the user information.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.