Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anil2185
Contributor III
Contributor III

Active directory not pulled

Hi all,

I am trying to pull the active directory in QVS but when I try to connect active directory the error massage displays. "Setting up connection failed; The server is not operational".

My QV machine is already in Domain.

Thanks in advance.

Anil

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is the QVS running under a domain service account, i.e. is it allowed to query the domain controller? A local administrator account usually has no business querying/visiting a domain, whether you server is part of the domain or not.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

In the QMC when you click on the "Get Default" icon what does it fill into the Path?

Untitled.png
Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
anil2185
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi Bill,

Yes, it gives the path but when I give the User name and password. It shows the error.

When i give local admin id, password it shows "Setting up connection failed; The server is not operational".

When i give domain id, password it shows "Incorrect ID or Password".

Anil

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am assuming this machine is a part of the domain you are trying to read the AD of.  Can you have your network people take a look at the users rights to see why the AD is not allowing the connection.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

are u configure ur server with service account and tht account is't part of ur local admin group?

u no need to pass username and password,if ur system is part of domain when ur installing that AD path will appears automatically.