Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II

Add QVS cluster

Dear Experts,

We are on QlikView 12.3 with one QMS, 2QDS, 1 QVS,QVWS server configuration and now planning to add node/ cluster QVS. I have quick questions regarding this.

1) After QVS cluster does existing URL for Access Point change?

2) What will have Qlik Nprinting server connections, do they need to update after new cluster node QVS has been added?

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Rookianil,

No the access point URL does not change when you add a QVS node. The URL to the access point is to the webserver.

The webserver will load balance between the servers.

How to add a server and create a cluster is described in the help, see;

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

For the  Nprinting  connections I'm not sure, but you might have to change to the cluster instead.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rookianil,

For NPrinting connections to a QlikView Server Cluster, see the NPrinting Help:  Connecting to QlikView documents on the QlikView Cluster  

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Rookianil,

No the access point URL does not change when you add a QVS node. The URL to the access point is to the webserver.

The webserver will load balance between the servers.

How to add a server and create a cluster is described in the help, see;

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

For the  Nprinting  connections I'm not sure, but you might have to change to the cluster instead.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rookianil,

For NPrinting connections to a QlikView Server Cluster, see the NPrinting Help:  Connecting to QlikView documents on the QlikView Cluster  

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Chip and Maria for your inputs. I will follow docs and get back in this forum if I encounter issues