Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding Named Cals with Power Tools

Hi everyone,

Has anyone added named cals with power tools for a bunch of user? I have around 6,000 licenses to apply and I´d liketo know if there´s a short cut to save time.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nelson,

Assigning dynamically will not or should not (in your case) automatically be the same as granting access to the documents or data. This should be handled with your distribution and also folder/file security so giving a user a license will not be the same as authorizing them to access the data/documents. As long as security is handled correctly dynamic distribution of licenses should not be a security issue. However using groups as you mention is of course a good way to handle users both for licenses and distribution (also file/folder based security).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Nelson,

I understand your pain however I will not recommend that you use a shortcut. Possible loss of licenses might be difficult to troubleshoot if it is not done by the book.

Br

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fabrice,

Have y experienced or know something like that?

I was also thinking about creating a group for those users and search them, select and assign the Cals.

I don´t know, that should work don´t u think?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there (and I guess there might be) any reason you don't want to let them be assigned dynamically?

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

yeah, Nils is right.

I will let them assigned dynamically first and later uncheck this option from the QMC

I just tested with the groups, I could add the group to the list however not sure if the user will be assigned a cal. will need to test more on this.

Not applicable
Author

Nils,

Well, this costumer it´s a bank, and my guess it´s that for security matters. Besides, I suppose that should be hard to control the access on the dynamic session.

I´ll see if I can do it, selecting the whole group.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nelson,

Assigning dynamically will not or should not (in your case) automatically be the same as granting access to the documents or data. This should be handled with your distribution and also folder/file security so giving a user a license will not be the same as authorizing them to access the data/documents. As long as security is handled correctly dynamic distribution of licenses should not be a security issue. However using groups as you mention is of course a good way to handle users both for licenses and distribution (also file/folder based security).